1/72 AMK Kfir C2/C7 converted Cheetah C

Hi guys,

I used the 1/72 AMK Kfir C2/C7 as a base to convert it to a Cheetah C. The Kfir kit is really well detailed and accurate, and made it very pleasant to work with.

The forward fuselage was extended just behind the cockpit, but the nose wheel bay had to remain in the same location. Some vents, Formation lights, panel lines and radar warning receivers were added. The canards are considerably larger and has different sweep angles than the Kfir ones, so new ones were made. The ejection seat is quite nicely detailed, so I only added harnesses to it. The instrument panel was modified, as well as on-board oxygen generators on the bulkhead. The Cheetah C has an in flight refueling probe, which was made from brass rod bent to shape, and the nozzle was turned from a piece of sprue on my drill. The two dorsal intakes on either side of the spine and the ventral ones behind the main gear wheel well was made from plastic card. The tail fairing and exhaust was modified from an earlier Cheetah E project. The tail fin was more tricky, havind to remove the intake at the front of the fin. Also the fin needing a longer brake chute housing with a cable duct on the starboard side that leads to an EW unit, 3 x radar warning receivers added, two antennas and a reinforced access panel on the port side of the fin. A new chaff/flare dispenser fairing was made, with 6 x downward facing dispenser units. There is also a RAM-powered APU on the starboard side of the ventral fuel tank. The main wheels were replaced with ones from an earlier Cheetah project, that have larger holes. Antennas that go underneath the forward fuselage and along the spine were made. The Cheetah C has a single piece windshield instead of the two frames. The frames were filed down, then sanded with very fine wet & dry sandpaper, buffed to a shine, and finally dunked into some Future floor polish for a brilliant shine. I made molds of the parts, and did a test assembly so far.

PDkgNa.jpg

jIg55x.jpg

QxA71N.jpg

EtZCuc.jpg

DX4K9w.jpg

Cheers,
John