O/T Fort Wayne Air Show, anyone gone before?

I haven't been there before and was thinking of going next month. Coming from S/E Ohio so about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive.

Main draw for me is the A-10's based there and the demo they are to do.

Anyone have any insight on it good or bad?

Mike

I went to the last one (2016) and thought it was pretty good, although the A-10 demo was cut short by rain... or hurricane.  Lots of A-10's were sitting around, at least a half dozen I'd say in the static area.  There was a good mix of other regional military jets on static, too.  I think they mentioned they would have a B-52 on static this year, also.  When I was there we parked downtown and were shuttled into the base by school buses which was kind of lame.  This year it looks like they will have parking around the airport/base perimeter.   

I say go for it!

-Ryan

Thanks for the info.

As long as the weather looks decent I think I’m going to go. Maybe drive over Friday evening and stay a short distance away then be there bright and early Saturday.

Mike

Been to the last 2, would go to this one if I didn't have to work. I like it because you can get close to the active ramp and get some great shots if you're into it like me. The only drawback was the last show they made you park in town and they bused you there, which sucked with 3 kids...

Jeff

From what it says on the web site parking is around the airport now.

I usually take about 1600 to 2k photo's on average at a show so getting close is good.

That's one of the things I love about Cleveland.

Mike

tBe8zsx.jpg

I've been planning on going to this one myself.  Glad you asked on here. It's about a 9 1/2 hour drive for me, yeah I'm kinda crazy (as my wife says).  I've been wanting some aerial shots of the Blacksnakes A-10s and I've been wanting some better shots of Dean's F-100F as well.  Not much else listed really but, I'm intrigued about the F-86, F-100, F-16, & A-10 fly-by. Glad the parking is on airport property this time. 

David

My son is a newly minted crew chief with the 122FW of the INANG. He just informed me that he will be launching aircraft Saturday and Sunday. I’ll be there. I’m hoping for good weather. 

Spoke with my son this evening. The

T Birds arrived today as well as a few static display aircraft. The forecast is looking better. Looks like it should be a good show. 

On 5/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, P-38 guy said:

From what it says on the web site parking is around the airport now.

I usually take about 1600 to 2k photo's on average at a show so getting close is good.

That's one of the things I love about Cleveland.

Mike

tBe8zsx.jpg

Is that a 442nd A-10 out of Whiteman? I knew they started putting the warthog faces on their jets.

Sweet shots, Mike!  Glad you decided to attend, it was a good day for an airshow, and Fort Wayne is great for getting close to the action.  While it wasn't "technically" part of the show, the best part for me was watching the A-10's getting ready to launch from the north side of the ramp.  Here's a few more photos:

ibblgqt.jpg

JBbUguK.jpg

rcSjteS.jpg

GkivxW3.jpg

xtabHtC.jpg

-Ryan

Great pictures. 

I got a few like those but I was over behind the C-17 to catch them taxing out and back in so I had to get them at a distance.

First time for to see the F-100 fly. Other time weather sucked and it didn’t fly.

I will go again that’s for sure!

Mike

Edited by P-38 guy