Kit #: 48022 does not have provisions for dropped flaps or slats. It does have, however, have really nice OOB wing folds. 

Kit #: 48044 does & has a bonus deck tractor, but this particular kit has been discontinued & might be getting harder to find & we all know what that does to the price. I would jump one or two now. I think HLJ might have a few new old stock for around $57 before shipping. I purchased 48044 ago for this very reason.

The two generally maintained the same wheels & hubs but they were developed at different times. Check your references but I don't think any differences would be that discernable. Depends on your taste for total accuracy. Good luck HTH.

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

Edited by Gunny

Kit # 48044 is available from Lucky Model for $35.99 US(they have 5 in stock) so I don't know why you would buy it from HLJ ? Concidering Lucky is the manufacturer of the kit and puts it back in stock when they run out.

Don

15 minutes ago, DONG said:

Kit # 48044 is available from Lucky Model for $35.99 US(they have 5 in stock) so I don't know why you would buy it from HLJ ? Concidering Lucky is the manufacturer of the kit and puts it back in stock when they run out.

Don

Thanks. Actually I bought this kit from Spue Bros. They are my go to shop when they have stock ready to ship on stuff I need at the time, rather than buying direct from an international source if I can avoid it. I don't maintain the Lucky Model method of operation since I always forget they exist. I wil have to bookmark them for future shopping. I didn't know they did the line. I've ordered from HLJ because I get my items in four days from them, which is obviously faster than some US vendors can ship out. It's worth it to me if I need something like yesterday. . 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

Just to clarify, Lucky Model doesn't create any models but it is owned by the same person that runs Kinetic Models, Raymond Chung, who frequents this forum.

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

Just to clarify, Lucky Model doesn't create any models but it is owned by the same person that runs Kinetic Models, Raymond Chung, who frequents this forum.

Thanks for that tidbit of intel, mstor. I was scratching my brain housing group on that one since I’d never heard of anything like that. Usually when an item states discontinued it means done for until the company decides to re-release, or not, in the future kinda like Hasegawa does frequently with a different boxing. But I digress...hopefully this Prowler #48044 will be released again. I think it’s the better kit of a he two IMHO because it allows the modeler the option to have drooped wing control surfaces like you would usually see on the ramp with the 1:1 without wings folded. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

Edited by Gunny

I do believe that they the same are from what I can remember (away from my library right now).

In 48th,  if there is a difference, its might not be visible anyway.

Royale Resin markets their wheel set for those aircraft as the same.

7dtwNl.jpg
Xdmgg0.jpg
hsXbJJ.jpg
vzzNBw.jpg
EgNlSa.jpg

3XvZds.jpg