Kittyhawk 1 48 su-34 (19.99 on ebay)

If I may offer my $0.02 here... if anyone has any doubts about the validity of these auctions in the future, I'd recommend checking out the prices of these kits on the Chinese version of eBay/Amazon called Taobao.com (owned by Alibaba). Kitty Hawk 1/48 Su-34 sells for an average price of around 350 Chinese Yuan on Taobao, which is about $50 USD at today's exchange rate. If you add to it the shipping cost from China to the US you'd at least be looking at around $60 USD. Sure amazing deals happen from time to time but personally I would not be touching any of these auctions (which I have been noticing more and more on eBay recently) at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price of Taobao's prices, considering Kitty Hawk is Chinese and one would assume the domestic price to be the cheapest.

This is a listing for the Kitty Hawk 1/48 Su-34 from a well-known Shanghai hobby store's Taobao storefront that I just bought from three weeks ago when I was there. List price is 360 Chinese Yuan/$52 USD for a single SU-34 kit: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=571354027076

Looks like it's easier to search the Taobao cell phone app as the website asks you to create an account. Sometimes you may get more results searching the Chinese translations of the manufacturer names so I have listed them here for your copy and paste convenience:

Kitty Hawk = 小鹰

Great Wall Hobby = 长城

Meng = 梦

Kinetic = 天力

Tamiya = 田宫

Hasegawa = 长谷川

Revell = 利华

Academy = 爱德美

Eduard = 牛魔王

Italeri = 意大利

Hope this helps.

Edited by Iron Eagle
19 minutes ago, Iron Eagle said:

If I may offer my $0.02 here... if anyone has any doubts about the validity of these auctions in the future, I'd recommend checking out the prices of these kits on the Chinese version of eBay/Amazon called Taobao.com (owned by Alibaba). Kitty Hawk 1/48 Su-34 sells for an average price of around 350 Chinese Yuan on Taobao, which is about $50 USD at today's exchange rate. If you add to it the shipping cost from China to the US you'd at least be looking at around $60 USD. Sure amazing deals happen from time to time but personally I would not be touching any of these auctions (which I have been noticing more and more on eBay recently) at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price of Taobao's prices, considering Kitty Hawk is Chinese and one would assume the domestic price to be the cheapest.

This is a listing for the Kitty Hawk 1/48 Su-34 from a well-known Shanghai hobby store's Taobao storefront that I just bought from three weeks ago when I was there. List price is 360 Chinese Yuan/$52 USD for a single SU-34 kit: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=571354027076

Looks like it's easier to search the Taobao cell phone app as the website asks you to create an account. Sometimes you may get more results searching the Chinese translations of the manufacturer names so I have listed them here for your copy and paste convenience:

Kitty Hawk = 小鹰

Great Wall Hobby = 长城

Meng = 梦

Kinetic = 天力

Tamiya = 田宫

Hasegawa = 长谷川

Revell = 利华

Academy = 爱德美

Eduard = 牛魔王

Italeri = 意大利

Hope this helps.

This is a great post. I often see cheaper prices on Taobao but I don’t know if they are completely trustworthy. I’ve ordered KH Su-35 for 250 RMB and a HB 1/48 Su-27 for 224 RMB. If anyone needs help setting up an account and navigating taobao, let me know.

Edited by CWILL1117

Although I did not order from this specific seller, I did buy from another seller in China off a "Buy Now" item (Meng Leopard 2A7+) for $29.99 + $10 shipping. I'm crossing my fingers after seeing it clear US Customs on the 3rd of June but not moving since.

31 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Although I did not order from this specific seller, I did buy from another seller in China off a "Buy Now" item (Meng Leopard 2A7+) for $29.99 + $10 shipping. I'm crossing my fingers after seeing it clear US Customs on the 3rd of June but not moving since.

What was that sellers name? Send the link. And if the carrier was SpeedPak then you won’t know where it is until it’s delivered because USPS can’t track SpeedPak.

1 hour ago, CWILL1117 said:

What was that sellers name? Send the link. And if the carrier was SpeedPak then you won’t know where it is until it’s delivered because USPS can’t track SpeedPak.

Seller:  lizhengyang01

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=192905271133&view=all&tid=1627166667009

I had purchased a 1/48 A-6 from a seller in China. I was watching it pretty close and wondered why I didn’t receive it on the day it was to ‘arrive’ according to the USPS site. Talked with the post office and it was forwarded to another address in a different city. From what I could tell and from what PayPal told me is the seller puts the correct zip code for the buyer and a fake name/address on it. The PO doesn’t know what so to do so they return to sender who has already shut down their physical address and closed their PayPal account. PayPal contacts ebay to shut down that account. In the long run I got my money from PayPal. 

West

6 hours ago, FalconFan24 said:

Sorry to report to everyone, It seems the seller was a fraud and Ebay just shutdown the seller. 

That's the original seller being referred to in this thread correct? I did note that the seller for my purchase now has NOTHING in his store or for sale. I wonder if I should just contact EBay now for the refund?

Just now, Mr Matt Foley said:

That's the original seller being referred to in this thread correct? I did note that the seller for my purchase now has NOTHING in his store or for sale. I wonder if I should just contact EBay now for the refund?

You should. And he was talking about the original seller.

Your seller probably is on the same type of games.

1 minute ago, CWILL1117 said:

So apparently my package is being sent to a place in Antioch. I’m in Chicago. One package is being sent to me, another to Antioch. How do I go about this?

I think it is time for "item not received" claim.

1 hour ago, CWILL1117 said:

So apparently my package is being sent to a place in Antioch. I’m in Chicago. One package is being sent to me, another to Antioch. How do I go about this?

What did you use for tracking?