CCRAP-153. Canadian Warthog.

Stand by. The ultimate what if. Picked up a A-10 at a thrift store.  Missing an engine so "what if" seems to be the way to go.

A CCRAP-110. Canadian Cargo, Radar, Attack, Patrol - Warthog. Making due with less. The Canadian government way. Thinking of adding a cargo pod and Radar dish to a Warthog. Then strapping on the bang devices.

Also , as its a current government idea, we can't afford to buy new. So clapped out American hand me downs. To keep the project "green" we cut the engine emissions in half, by only suppling one engine. Sounds "Justin approved" to me.

Edited by phantom

I'm really interested in seeing an A-10 with only one engine. Just the thought kinda makes me shudder a bit lol.

3 hours ago, southwestforests said:

I would have expected a Canadian A-10 to be on floats.

:rofl:

4 hours ago, southwestforests said:

I would have expected a Canadian A-10 to be on floats.

I was planning on this but I used my spare floats on a Starfighter a couple years ago.

Now, we see the What if ness take effect. Turns out it will looks better I think with two engines. So I will have to create a replacement for the missing parts.

zSo7t1N.jpg

🙂 This is gonna be interesting ...

While we're talking A-10 mods, a bit of a tangent if you would indulge me,

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/23088/the-tragic-tale-of-the-a-10-thunderhog-storm-chasing-jet

I checked with a number of sources, including airport operations in Broomfield, and the half-finished SPA-10 Thunderhog is still sitting in the NCAR's hangar to this very day. Supposedly, it gets occasional engine runs to keep the aircraft from degrading to the point where flying it again would be highly problematic and very costly. 

The entire endeavor is clearly a boondoggle, but really, it shouldn't be. We are talking about critical science here that saves lives and prevents major damage, especially to aircraft, including those owned by the USAF. Storms, and especially hail, do millions of dollars in damage to USAF and other service's aircraft and property every year. 

The problem of who operates this aircraft and how could be solved by the USAF taking on the mission instead of just being on hand to provide operational and engineering advice. Considering the federal government already blew many millions of dollars on the airplane and there is a highly experienced and proven team at NDSM&T that can accelerate the science, finishing the aircraft and putting it work is money very wisely spent. 

The very idea that such an important laboratory needs to be created by cobbling together a team on shoestring funding is sad in itself.

I live in central Missouri where tornadoes have been the entertainment of choice lately (and the Missouri River which our burg sits on the bank of is adding even more entertainment) and this Weather research A-10 was/is directly relevant to my life. I was hoping it would have been gathering data and producing results at this time.

Nope, sorry mate, that's not how life in this country works.

Stick the engines on, then some more sanding. The Starboard engine is the lid from a glue bottle and card board. Also, a lot of putty.

T8YsFvY.jpg

Edited by phantom

Right, this is looking better.

18Nrj7u.jpg

Now , for the question. Debating  either green and grey like a CF-5 or Starfighter.  OR, should I go with the three colour Hercules scheme. Green and two greys.

Its the A-10 version of the Airbus Beluga.  You are nailing the "That ain't real" intent of the group build.  As far as the paint you already have a head start if you wanted to make it a Coke bottle paint job like the F-104.

After looking up images of Canadian Herculeses I'm liking the disruptive effect of the 3 color scheme.
And thinking it might help keep viewers' attention for a few extra moments as their mind works out the aircraft's shape and goes, "Hey, wait a minute ...".

I LOVE this. Very awesome concept and you're doing a great job carrying it through. At first I was disappointed when you opted to add more than the one engine, but this looks better. It actually makes enough room that if you wanted to, you could add 2 MORE engines to the sides of the cans. I mean surely with that much weight you'd need more go power. Keep up the great work.

Bill