ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
HomeBe

1/48 - Lockheed F-104G & J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G & J released - new KLu/RNethAF boxing

15 hours ago, Timvkampen said:

the set has much more options for variants so why not! I have the set and some sprues and it is great work by Danny Coremans.

The work isn't the problem.  It's the Danny Coremans that's the problem.  He's never getting a penny of my money to support his "efforts".

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2019 at 2:01 PM, MoFo said:

They're also not always (ahem) original.

I know at least one decal manufacturer who was blindsided when the artwork they had bought from Jennings suddenly appeared in a Fundekals package.

That's a pretty strong statement.  I refer you to this:

li·bel
/ˈlībəl/
noun

1. 1. 
    LAW
    a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
    synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering;
Edited by Sleepy

I stand by what I said.  And the receipts are publicly available.  But I'm not going to drive an excellent thread off topic over the subject.

2 minutes ago, MoFo said:

I stand by what I said.  And the receipts are publicly available.  But I'm not going to drive an excellent thread off topic over the subject.

You throw a hand grenade in the room and then walk away?  You just accused someone of theft.   Put up proof or take down your post.  

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

The work isn't the problem.  It's the Danny Coremans that's the problem.  He's never getting a penny of my money to support his "efforts".

Sounds like you have a personal issue with Danny that's colouring your replies. Whatever that may be, I have had nothing but good dealings with Danny and find his publications very well done and the F-104 update set for the Hasegawa kit was a great addition.

Now, getting back to the Kinetic kit, I started building my first one today and so far the fit has been pretty good. The best by far of any Kinetic kit I've built in the past. I'm more concerned with the windscreen fit and will report back when I get the chance to dry fit it.

Cheers,

John

5 hours ago, Sleepy said:

5 hours ago, Sleepy said:

li·bel
/ˈlībəl/
noun
  1. 1. 
    LAW
    a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
    synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering;

These two posts, one right after the other.

Oh! The! Irony! :woot.gif:

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

These two posts, one right after the other.

Oh! The! Irony! :woot.gif:

Yeah, indeed. And I proposed him to get only the specific sprue C for a nice price. LOL…
And even if someone would give him the parts he's looking after for free, I don't think he will be able to fully enjoy the model knowing there are DACO parts on it ...

So who's going to ask who's been hiding himself behind "Sleepy", an account just started up 6 months ago but who has been posted already 185 post since then, or in average 1 post a day - not bad for an "ARC newby"... 
Or has he been kicked-off already in the past (just guessing) and has he started up a new account with a minimal or no references?

Although I try already for 30 years, being one of the oldest cottage-industry companies still around, it seems I can't please everyone in the world.
But I don't think it will be more than a handful of people that have had a problem with DACO Products...

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

Edited by DACO Products

55 minutes ago, DACO Products said:

Yeah, indeed. And I proposed him to get only the specific sprue C for a nice price. LOL…
And even if someone would give him the parts he's looking after for free, I don't think he will be able to enjoy the model knowing their are DACO parts on it ...

So who's going to ask who's been hiding himself behind "Sleepy", an account just started up 6 months ago but who has been posted already 185 post since then, or in average 1 post a day - not bad for an "ARC newby"... 
Or has he been kicked-off already in the past (just guessing) and has he started up a new account with no references?

Although I try already for 30 years, being one of the oldest cottage-industry companies still around, it seems I can't please everyone in the world.
But I don't think it will be more than a handful of people that have had a problem with DACO Products...

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

I am pleased to tell that I am a happy customer from Danny since his first efforts in 1987, when I bought a set of Belgian AF F-16 markings in 1:32 and 48 at the IPMS-Belgium National Convention in September 1987 at the Brussels Aviation Museum.

Since then, I purchased a lot of DACO decals, books and conversion kits. I never regret any Belgian Franc and Euro spent in his poducts, which are a state of the art and beside this, he his a nice guy to talk with! Sometimes, he needs some more time for R & D, which can cause delays, but the customer will get a product which is well researched and accurate.

Fot the next 30 years, I am hoping we can enjoy his products coming as well. Oh yes, I am looking forward to get a pair of the coming Fouga Magisters at the Flanders Modeling Festival 2020, but if it is not ready then, just a year later. 

Greetings from Germany

Christian

Posted (edited)

New boxing expected in September 2019

- ref. 48077 - Lockheed F-104G Starfighter - Republic of China Air Force (ROCAF)

with super size decal - actually it include all F-104A/C/G/TF-104G for ROCAF!

Sources: 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48077

https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/1311028205730954

69377470-1311027672397674-74294096896091

68872765-1311030362397405-23192676854115

68892854-1311030199064088-73012335632554

68900547-1311030209064087-88373937927985

69260413-1311030232397418-89709458652921

69175339-1311028129064295-40825055846732

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

Wow, Kinetic is really going to town with the 104 kit. I am tempted by the 104J kit and the Fundekal decal set. I'll make up my mind later when Fundekal has released the 104J set. Its getting to the point where I really shouldn't buy any more kits unless I unload one at the same time.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:22 PM, DACO Products said:

And even if someone would give him the parts he's looking after for free, I don't think he will be able to fully enjoy the model knowing there are DACO parts on it ...

Or has he been kicked-off already in the past (just guessing) and has he started up a new account with a minimal or no references?

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

I thoroughly enjoy the Daco products and it is true one cannot always please everyone...

On 8/25/2019 at 11:26 AM, Craig Baldwin said:

Great website for technical details on the F-104.

http://www.rolfferch.de/F104G/index.html

Thanks Craig!

For English speaking Chrome users: My latest Chrome wouldn't allow a right click "Translate to English", so I copied the website address and went to Google Translate Web to do the job.  Other menu choices, however, require repeating the Google adventure. Anyone have an easier way?

Gene K

Agree i have numerous of Danny’s books which are simply fabulous and numerous decals and 3 of his 104 sets.

Would buy again tomorrow..twice.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sleepy said:

On 8/22/2019 at 4:39 PM, Sleepy said:

li·bel
/ˈlībəl/
noun

1. 1. 
    LAW

Course now I think I know who sleepy is.  Next time I see him I’ll have to ask what the fuss about daco is

If I may be so bold to highjack this topic: for everyone who's not on my newsletter list and who's interested in my F-104 Improvement Set, F-104G decals and of course the Uncovering the F-104G Starfighter book (the bible for this jet) please read following announcement:

30 years ago, on 7 September 1989 to be exactly, DACO Products was officially registered as a company, after already being active for several years in designing decals as a hobby...
30 years now, wow - time flies !

For this 30-year anniversary, DACO Products is going crazy: a full discount is given on all available DACO books, kits, decals and other products (like the F-104 Improvement Set) for 3 weeks!

During the first week (from 7 to 15 September) a discount of 30% (YES 30 percent !!!) is given on all available products, the second week (from 16 to 23 September) this discount will be 20%, and during the last week (from 24 to 30 September) it will be 10%, still a nice gift.

It all happens at http://www.dacoproducts.com

Thanks for reading...

Danny

DACO Products

I ordered the "Uncovering the F-14 A/B/D Tomcat" book.    

Looking forward to reading it.

8 hours ago, DACO Products said:

If I may be so bold to highjack this topic: for everyone who's not on my newsletter list and who's interested in my F-104 Improvement Set, F-104G decals and of course the Uncovering the F-104G Starfighter book (the bible for this jet) please read following announcement:

30 years ago, on 7 September 1989 to be exactly, DACO Products was officially registered as a company, after already being active for several years in designing decals as a hobby...

For this 30-year anniversary, DACO Products is going crazy: a full discount is given on all available DACO books, kits, decals and other products (like the F-104 Improvement Set) for 3 weeks!

During the first week (from 7 to 15 September) a discount of 30% (YES 30 percent !!!) is given on all available products, the second week (from 16 to 23 September) this discount will be 20%, and during the last week (from 24 to 30 September) it will be 10%, still a nice gift.

Thanks for reading...

Danny

DACO Products

Dear Danny

You get  100% support from us, let work out to offer more of your DACO product!

8 hours ago, DACO Products said:

Thanks for reading...

Danny

DACO Products

30% is just too good to pass up. If I had more discretionary funds this month I would have bought more, but got some good stuff from Daco coming. Thanks Danny, and happy 30th!

Just realized I have the old Victory Productions decal sheet (minus one set of markings) in my stash.   If this kit is as good as it looks, I might have to jump in.   I'd love to do a nice cold war-era Luftwaffe Zipper, standing alert with a centerline full of "instant sunshine". 

See the source image

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Just realized I have the old Victory Productions decal sheet (minus one set of markings) in my stash.   If this kit is as good as it looks, I might have to jump in.   I'd love to do a nice cold war-era Luftwaffe Zipper, standing alert with a centerline full of "instant sunshine". 

That's one set I really wish Victory Models would re-release.

51 minutes ago, Mstor said:

+1

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

May I ask why? It's full with mistakes (I remember vaguely I counted a long time ago more than 25 mistakes) and there's a much better and 100% accurate decal set for German Starfighters already for several years on the market...

Danny

DACO Products

I agree, no need for the Victory Luftwaffe decal to be reprinted, the DACO Luftwaffe sheet is much more accurate.  I would rather see the JADF decal above or maybe a good compressive Italian, or Spanish F-104 decal sheet