ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
HomeBe

1/48 - Lockheed F-104G & J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G & J released - RoCAF boxing in Sept 2019

1 hour ago, DACO Products said:

May I ask why? It's full with mistakes (I remember vaguely I counted a long time ago more than 25 mistakes) and there's a much better and 100% accurate decal set for German Starfighters already for several years on the market...

Danny

DACO Products

Oh man, I forgot about your set.  Problem is, if I buy it, I will have to buy more 104 kits. I need to win the lottery.

I will have to go to Danny's site and see what I can pick up. I already have almost all oh his books too. 

Also I seem to recall I have in my decal stash a Spanish F-104 set of decals. Repli something I think. I will have to dig it out.

2 hours ago, DACO Products said:

May I ask why? It's full with mistakes (I remember vaguely I counted a long time ago more than 25 mistakes) and there's a much better and 100% accurate decal set for German Starfighters already for several years on the market...

Danny

DACO Products

May I ask you to provide details?  I’m not an expert on Luftwaffe -104’s but I’ve always heard complimentary things about the VP product.   I get that you are trying to plug for your products and am fine with that.  But if you are going to slag someone else’s product to do that, at least provide specifics.  

13 minutes ago, 11bee said:

May I ask you to provide details?  I’m not an expert on Luftwaffe -104’s but I’ve always heard complimentary things about the VP product.   I get that you are trying to plug for your products and am fine with that.  But if you are going to slag someone else’s product to do that, at least provide specifics.  

No problem to do so, only I have to find my copy of this decal (or can someone scan his copy in a high resolution and email it to me?)
Out of my head and what I remember: JBG32 emblem with NATO symbol mirrored for other side without re-mirroring the NATO symbol, several emblems are in a wrong size, wrong blue colour(s) used, incorrect stencils,...

Danny

22 hours ago, Mstor said:

That's one set I really wish Victory Models would re-release.

Wonder why they haven't re-released this, the A-4 and the USAF/NASA F-104 sheets. Would be like printing money.

20 hours ago, DACO Products said:

Danny

DACO Products

But the DACO Luftwaffe Starfighter sheet is not available?

5 hours ago, sierrascale said:

But the DACO Luftwaffe Starfighter sheet is not available?

It is. Go to Danny's site...

http://www.dacoproducts.com/

In the top frame, click on "Astra Decals", then in the left hand frame scroll down until you see "German F-104G Decals". Click on that and the central frame will display all the various scales and options available.

Danny, you've got to get rid of the frame version of your website and update it to something a bit more modern. It makes linking to specific products difficult as you then lose the top and left side frames. :gr_eek2:

Why do I feel like this thread has been hijacked???

9 hours ago, sierrascale said:

Wonder why they haven't re-released this, the A-4 and the USAF/NASA F-104 sheets. Would be like printing money.

The USAF sheet has got some interesting things on it and I'd welcome a re-release, but it's flawed as well - the wing top "USAF" for instance barely fits onto the wing, let alone in the correct position...

Are there any intentions to release a Greek F-104G?

RF-104G ? why not 

The entire F-104 series are planned. We just release it according to our schedule. 

Edited by Raymond Chung

Well, Raymond DID say they're releasing all the variants of the F-104, so I guess that means technically Kinetic will have to tool (most of) a new 1/48 C-47 as well!  :woot.gif:

On 9/23/2019 at 9:27 AM, Raymond Chung said:

The entire F-104 series are planned. We just release it according to our schedule. 

TF-104G aswell?