ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
HomeBe

1/48 - Lockheed F-104G & J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G & J released - RoCAF boxing in Sept 2019

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

Sadly it seems to be an ARC thing. I don’t see it on other forums, at least not to the degree seen on ARC. 

Agreed!! 

This forum has a good amount of rivet conters. I like my builds to be accurate as well but not so much dead on. I'm pretty excited about this kit. The deco set doesn't do anything for me because the cost adds up fast considering the kit,decals, and correction set. Save the money and use mr.surfacer to fill the rivets. 

17 hours ago, boom175 said:

Give 'em some time, a 104 lends it self to many versions from the same core airframe. Look how many versions of the F-16 and to  lesser extent the F-18 Kinetic has produced. I think we'll see a -104 C sooner rather than later IMHO.

I hope your wisdom is right! If so, I can see three at my house.

Gary

12 hours ago, habu2 said:

Sadly it seems to be an ARC thing. I don’t see it on other forums, at least not to the degree seen on ARC. 

Oh gawd....  you need to head over to LSP.  60 page thread hashing out all the issues w the HB B-24.  Rivet counting is not unique to ARC.  

Rivet counting is also not a bad thing.  If you don’t care about accuracy of a kit, skip threads like this and just go and build the damned thing.  

To each his own.  

Anyone who wants to unload their inaccurate, full of divots Hasegawa kit, I'll happily offer $10 each! 😀

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

Oh gawd....  you need to head over to LSP.  60 page thread hashing out all the issues w the HB B-24.  Rivet counting is not unique to ARC.  

Rivet counting is also not a bad thing.  If you don’t care about accuracy of a kit, skip threads like this and just go and build the damned thing.  

To each his own.  

I guarantee you that the issues with the HB B-24 (seams through the turret glass, completely incorrect wing root profile) are far worse than the divots on the Hasegawa F-104 wing.  In any case, the 1/48 AMK F-14 thread over here beats everything.

9 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

In any case, the 1/48 AMK F-14 thread over here beats everything.

LOL....  I'm not a Tom fan, completely forgot about that rivet-counting masterpiece.  

ORC on ARC

Obsessive Rivet Counting on Aircraft Resource Center...

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I guarantee you that the issues with the HB B-24 (seams through the turret glass, completely incorrect wing root profile) are far worse than the divots on the Hasegawa F-104 wing.  In any case, the 1/48 AMK F-14 thread over here beats everything.

Don't forget the old F35 thread!! May still be here for all it's worth. Folks get to crying and run everybody off, then you see them answering themselves! I for one am sick of it

Glt

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I guarantee you that the issues with the HB B-24 (seams through the turret glass, completely incorrect wing root profile) are far worse than the divots on the Hasegawa F-104 wing. 

What on earth does one have to do with the other?  Talk about your whiners Mr. Williams!  SMH.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

What on earth does one have to do with the other?  Talk about your whiners Mr. Williams!  SMH.

I don't see any whining in Dave's response and name calling makes you sound 12 so knock it off. Other than the 100's of oversized rivets on the Has. 104 wing the kit is quite accurate. The Kinetic kit might be better but until it's out there's no sense speculating about it. 

Now Sleepy you need to realize that on this and other forums alot of people have maintained or flown these aircraft so just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they're not right. Scooby was a tech in the CAF and saw lot of 104's, Hornet's, Herc's etc. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Well Mr. Sleepy, if that really is your name, if you read this thread, you’d notice that a comment above mine mentioned the whining  over at LSP about the HobbyBoss B-24, and I was responding to that comment ( hence the quote).

If you need me to explain it again, I can type slower.

I have decided not to mess around with either kit. I waiting for this one... :naughty:

could this G be built as a NASA aircraft, with am decals of course?

On 6/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, murad said:

could this G be built as a NASA aircraft, with am decals of course?

That depends on which exhaust nozzle is in the kit. The included markings suggest that it is the late long nozzle of the J79-MTU-J1K but the profiles show the short nozzle of the J79-GE-11A. Raymond from Kinetic stated that the kit will only include a single nozzle but at this time it's not known which one. Maybe Raymond can clarify this.

That being said, the kit will be good for a NASA F-104G using the C2 ejection seat and the short nozzle if this is what the kit has.

Cheers,

John

On 6/8/2019 at 3:18 AM, CF104 said:

That depends on which exhaust nozzle is in the kit. The included markings suggest that it is the late long nozzle of the J79-MTU-J1K but the profiles show the short nozzle of the J79-GE-11A. Raymond from Kinetic stated that the kit will only include a single nozzle but at this time it's not known which one. Maybe Raymond can clarify this.

That being said, the kit will be good for a NASA F-104G using the C2 ejection seat and the short nozzle if this is what the kit has.

Cheers,

John

Sorry, with corrected information. The kit come with 2 nozzle the shorter and longer one.

5 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Sorry, with corrected information. The kit come with 2 nozzle the shorter and longer one.

:thumbsup2:

J

10 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Raymond, when are we going to see the  plastic?

12 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

👍

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 2:27 AM, Charlie D. said:

Anyone who wants to unload their inaccurate, full of divots Hasegawa kit, I'll happily offer $10 each! 😀

If your only offering 10 bucks you cant think to highly of it! Lol..😉

Edited by dehowie

8 hours ago, dehowie said:

If your only offering 10 bucks you cant think to highly of it! Lol..😉

Ha! I figured all the lamenting over the rivets and need for expensive replacement parts, I'd offer owners at least something for these horribly inaccurate kits sitting in their stashes....😝

On 5/31/2019 at 4:06 PM, Scooby said:

Hi Raymond,

Please confirm the 1/32 Snowbird Tutor is still in the making.

Or I’d even settle for it in 1/48.

Thanks🙂

Don't tease me!!!

Seriously....a new 1/48 Tutor, would be most welcome.  With this F-104 kit, I welcome it and I am excited!  I just like the fact that underwing tanks and pylons are included.  The Hasegawa 2-seaters at least added underwing pylons, but that's it.

Raymond.....will the kit include the radar warning receivers, that were near the exhaust and under the nose, which were on Canadian CF-104s?

On 6/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, Colin K said:

Don't tease me!!!

Seriously....a new 1/48 Tutor, would be most welcome.  With this F-104 kit, I welcome it and I am excited!  I just like the fact that underwing tanks and pylons are included.  The Hasegawa 2-seaters at least added underwing pylons, but that's it.

Raymond.....will the kit include the radar warning receivers, that were near the exhaust and under the nose, which were on Canadian CF-104s?

Yes the part for CF-104 is there except the decal

2 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Raymond, show us the plastic! Please...😄

On 6/15/2019 at 8:48 AM, Raymond Chung said:

Awesome to hear, Raymond!  Can't wait to get the kit.