ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
HomeBe

1/48 - Lockheed F-104G & J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G & J released - RoCAF boxing in Sept 2019

On 6/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, B.Sin said:

Raymond, show us the plastic! Please...😄

I wouldn't show testshot photos because a number of people would pinpoint inaccuracies that cannot be corrected anymore. 

45 minutes ago, Laurent said:

I wouldn't show testshot photos because a number of people would pinpoint inaccuracies that cannot be corrected anymore. 

😘

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

So?  The kit will be out in a few days and the same thing will happen. 

7 hours ago, Laurent said:

As we said before we have changed the new item content release policy. 

What I can say as this point : you won’t be disappointed with it. A small delay in tooling workflow create a week of tooling delivery. (a week). 

All sample  will be despatched to all distributor and online reviewer site before 10 July. 

Unlike in the past the first hand information will only be synchronised with other region agent as well as LuckyModel.com 

Our staff in warehouse is gearing up to face the delivery stress period ahead. 

Hi Raymond, thanks for the update. Looking forward to the one ordered from Lucky. Always need another Starfighter in the stash, just so many great schemes to chose from. Hope you sell heaps so a F104C and D come out.

Cheers  Steve from Gore NZ 😃

Any word on a shipping date?  Still listed as a future release on Luckymodel's web site.

6 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Any word on a shipping date?  Still listed as a future release on Luckymodel's web site.

A small eng issue on injection create a 2 weeks delay. I will show the sprue photo sooner today.

The kit is planned to go out around 15-20/July. 

Lots of photos posted on Facebook today.  The kit looks fantastic!

Do my eyes deceive me, or do you have main wheels appropriate to the F-104A/C on the sprues?

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

A small eng issue on injection create a 2 weeks delay. I will show the sprue photo sooner today.

The kit is planned to go out around 15-20/July. 

Great looking kit but i wont be ordering.

Why?

i ordered and paid in full in early March during a sale for 2 GWH F-15E’s that where in stock at the time and i am still waiting for these to ship 4 months later.

The kits are available everywhere yet your company is unwilling to get them in even though i paid in full now 4 months ago.

I could order them from numerous locations right now yet your company LM are happy to take payment and not supply goods.

i have spent thousands at LM over the last 15 years but only a small amount in the last 18 months.

This is why..

So no F-104’s for me even though it looks like a lovely replacement for the Hasegawa kit.

Sad to see such poor business practice from a large well known brand name.

regards

Edited by dehowie

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dehowie said:

Great looking kit but i wont be ordering.

Why?

i ordered and paid in full in early March during a sale for 2 GWH F-15E’s that where in stock at the time and i am still waiting for these to ship 4 months later.

The kits are available everywhere yet your company is unwilling to get them in even though i paid in full now 4 months ago.

I could order them from numerous locations right now yet your company LM are happy to take payment and not supply goods.

i have spent thousands at LM over the last 15 years but only a small amount in the last 18 months.

This is why..

So no F-104’s for me even though it looks like a lovely replacement for the Hasegawa kit.

Sad to see such poor business practice from a large well known brand name.

regards

We are ready for full refund as any time, the PayPal like payment processor make us to charge upfront.

the F-15E was sold out since jan 19, so sure we have no stock since 4 months ago. Can you PM me and see if any misunderstanding? 

as for the GWH F-15E, they are temp sold out and we keep asking when they reissue it. 

We are fully ready to arrange refund anytime. 

Edited by Raymond Chung

41 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Yes, the kit is supposed to be F-104G/J 

and J use the A/C wheel. 

The J (as well as the CF-104) used narrow wheels, but the hubs were the spoked hubs as on the G. The dish type hub was only used on the A thru D models.

So for a J and G in one box it needs both narrow and wide tyres, both on the same spoked type hub.

Looking forward to seeing my kit!

54 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Yes, the kit is supposed to be F-104G/J 

and J use the A/C wheel. 

The F-104J used the same wheel as the early F-104G and CF-104. The solid “dished” wheel was only found on the A/C/D.

Posted (edited)

Kinetic

104-1.jpg 104-2.jpg 

Hasegawa

104-3.jpg

Real thing
104-4.jpg

You should've shown your CADs...

Edited by brahio

Model looks great to me, I'll definitely add one to my stash.

41 minutes ago, brahio said:

I'm more than happy with what they are offering, if this is all your complaining about.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:06 AM, Solo said:

Better than Hasegawa? Don’t think so. Very pointless.

lol.. 

Their F-18 is better. Their Su-33 is great. If same level this will be great too. 

2 hours ago, brahio said:

Kinetic

104-1.jpg 104-2.jpg 

Hasegawa

104-3.jpg

Real thing
104-4.jpg

We have passed the CAD to reviewer 

and the shape issue is created by lighting that I want to highlight the panel line. The CAD cross section will meet the maintenance manaul

Hasegawa implementation does not they are accurate but they look nice 

5 hours ago, brahio said:

Kinetic

104-1.jpg 104-2.jpg 

Hasegawa

104-3.jpg

Real thing
104-4.jpg

Before you rake Kinetic over the coals Hasegawa actually got this wrong. The Kinetic one looks closer to the real thing but it is exaggerated.

Click on the links.

F-104G wing root

F-104G Wing

Cheers,

John

Posted (edited)

3 years of research, can't find any better shots than this, by any chance do you guys have found anything to shut my curiosity down?

and yes, I'm talking about wing pylons with Sidewinder rails as I can't understand if in the middle there is a spacer/adapter or not

https://i.imgur.com/8uFI5p1.png

Luigi

Edited by Mizar

15 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

We are ready for full refund as any time, the PayPal like payment processor make us to charge upfront.

the F-15E was sold out since jan 19, so sure we have no stock since 4 months ago. Can you PM me and see if any misunderstanding? 

as for the GWH F-15E, they are temp sold out and we keep asking when they reissue it. 

We are fully ready to arrange refund anytime. 

Raymond. I have the same type of issue. I placed an order for a few items. I paid in full. Still, nothing has been shipped. Your website states '2 to 3 weeks restock' on items, but after order is placed, still nothing received even after 5 months!  Order number is - CM1902-408284

This post is just meant to list a few detail differences and not a criticism of the kit itself. Over all it looks like it has a lot of options that the Hasegawa offering didn't give you in one box.

The first thing that I notice is the main landing gear liquid springs(oleos). The Kinetic ones are correct for an F-104G or newer. The Hasegawa kit had the smaller liquid springs which were good for all F-104's prior to the G including the CF-104 and F-104J. If you are going to build an F-104J or CF-104 out of this kit, the liquid springs are not correct.

Nice to see both ejection seat types offered in the kit. Although Hasegawa gave you the right seat depending on the boxing, both Kinetic and Hasegawa don't give the proper ejection seat rails for the Martin Baker seat. The MB seat is physically much larger than the Lockheed seat which resulted in the seat rails being moved aft giving a shorter headbox, lengthwise, behind the seat.

Next up are the wheels. The bulging is overdone for my tastes. I've never seen an operational F-104 with tires that bulged or flat looking. The main wheel options on this kit are not as varied as in the Hasegawa kits. The Kinetic kit looks to be offering only 2 types of main wheel. The wider F-104G and the narrow, non spoked version for the A to D. This means that the narrower F-104J and CF-104 spoked main wheels are not included.  

Looks like Kinetic have toned down the rivets that Hasegawa put all over the wings and rear fuselage but they could have gotten rid of a lot more in my opinion.

This one is specific to their future CF-104 release and my pet peeve. I know that there were a few difference between the main instrument panels on the F-104G depending on operator and the one included in this kit is more than adequate for the G. The CF-104 on the other hand was quite a bit different from any G model. The CF-104 main instrument panel was dominated by the large Attitude indicator in the top center of the panel. Only Black box has the correct instrument panel/cockpit in their CF-104 resin upgrade. It would be great to see a manufacturer do a correct CF-104 cockpit one day. 

These are all minor points which don't detract from the kit as long as it's looked at as being an F-104G only kit. Resin wheels, afterburner and ejection seat would be a must for me along with a more thorough decal sheet. I'm looking forward to receiving the 2 kits I have on order. 

Cheers,

John

1 hour ago, Mizar said:

3 years of research, can't find any better shots than this, by any chance do you guys have found anything to shut my curiosity down?

and yes, I'm talking about wing pylons with Sidewinder rails as I can't understand if in the middle there is a spacer/adapter or not

https://i.imgur.com/8uFI5p1.png

Luigi

Hi Luigi,

Looks like a wedge shaped spacer/adapter between the pylon and the launch rail. More than likely to get the sidewinder into a level position under the wing.

Cheers,

John