ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
HomeBe

1/48 - Lockheed F-104G & J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G & J released - RoCAF boxing in Sept 2019

Raymond,  how about a new F-16 or A-7  series tooled to you gold standard. Just a suggestion. 

This is really starting to get off topic here as this is about their F-104G kit release.

If there is a desire to influence Kinetic on their next project I would suggest either starting a new wish list thread or possibly a poll to forward on to Kinetic for them to consider.

Cheers,

John

On 7/19/2019 at 7:07 AM, Raymond Chung said:

The kit is now undergo injection, we expect to ship out next Friday 

Thanks for the update Raymond.

Cheers,

John

10 hours ago, CF104 said:

This is really starting to get off topic here as this is about their F-104G kit release.

If there is a desire to influence Kinetic on their next project I would suggest either starting a new wish list thread or possibly a poll to forward on to Kinetic for them to consider.

Cheers,

John

Yes dear. 

2 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Yes dear. 

I see you have an issue with someone trying to make an effort to keep a thread on subject. Maybe you need to check out the AMK Tomcat thread. 😎

This place could use a bit more respect.

Cheers,

John

34 minutes ago, CF104 said:

I see you have an issue with someone trying to make an effort to keep a thread on subject. Maybe you need to check out the AMK Tomcat thread. 😎

Cheers,

John

John, don't take it so  seriously!

1 hour ago, CF104 said:

Totally agreed. I am looking forward to this kit which I have already pre-ordered. And thanks to Raymond for updates.

Just now, Craig Baldwin said:

Totally agreed. I am looking forward to this kit which I have already pre-ordered. And thanks to Raymond for updates.

Don't worry, it would not take years to deliver.  From the announcement till now is 1 month, 21 days. and it should go to the "airport" within a week. 

Actually, I am now in injection floor and see 120 F-104G body casting out / hour. So, we should feed the squadron quickly. 

Looks very nice. Is it fair to assume that you will be making a TF-104 in the future?

40 minutes ago, Neo said:

Looks very nice. Is it fair to assume that you will be making a TF-104 in the future?

Depends on the market whether the customer need it. 

1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Depends on the market whether the customer need it. 

Honestly,  would much rather see an F-104A/C.  You've already tooled the wheels appropriate for them (by mistake, apparently).  If you do a new fuselage with the small NACA style intake on the lower RH side and the short rudder, you're basically there.

On 7/20/2019 at 3:56 PM, CF104 said:

Cheers,

John

John is 100% right. This thread is not about 1) wish lists 2) supply issues at LM (true as they may be).

I have people like this at work - lack of focus, go off at irrelevant tangents, lose the plot.

Lets keep it together guys.

@thanks John, agree totally.

Marc.

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Honestly,  would much rather see an F-104A/C.  You've already tooled the wheels appropriate for them (by mistake, apparently).  If you do a new fuselage with the small NACA style intake on the lower RH side and the short rudder, you're basically there.

Not a mistake we need to offer the F-104J

Everyone has a wishlist of their own. Of course it would be nice to have an early 104A or C version just as a two-seater. . .

But for the moment let’s see first this F-104G&J kit!  Talk about anything else later.

Best regards

Gabor

Good luck Mr. Gorsky!

4 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Sorry, but all F-104J/DJs have the same main wheels as the early F-104Gs and CF-104s.  The only F-104s that use the "solid" dished style of main wheel are the F-104A/C/Ds.

This is the kind of detail you need to know *before* you cut metal.  Easily found in any F-104 reference.

UTzqB3.jpg

5 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Hi Raymond,

As has been stated a few times in this thread, the solid hub main wheel you made in the kit is not for the F-104J. This is strictly for the A/B/C/D versions and can be seen on some very early photos of the F-104F. This appears to be a mistake that Kinetic will just have to acknowledge and move on. You might want to look at making a new wheel sprue for the F-104J and CF-104 boxings.

The CF-104 and F-104J used the same narrow spoked wheels as in the above photo that Sleepy posted.

Cheers,

John

Early F-104Gs also had the narrow wheel and non-bulged doors.  Not sure when the change was made, but the early German ones looked exactly like the F-104J and CF-104 in that respect.

3 hours ago, CF104 said:

Hi Raymond,

As has been stated a few times in this thread, the solid hub main wheel you made in the kit is not for the F-104J. This is strictly for the A/B/C/D versions and can be seen on some very early photos of the F-104F. This appears to be a mistake that Kinetic will just have to acknowledge and move on. You might want to look at making a new wheel sprue for the F-104J and CF-104 boxings.

The CF-104 and F-104J used the same narrow spoked wheels as in the above photo that Sleepy posted.

Cheers,

John

Dear John

we aware of this when we design, the narrow/wide tire vs wheel hub is a 2x2 combination. Therefor we should offer 4 sets of wheel/tire parts or separate hub and tire. 

But we consider the mould space and will let the modeller with deep knowledge to sand down the thickness of the wider tire version to fit the accuracy. 

That is the decision of how we implement the detail under the limitation of technical, budget and product requirement. 

Another discussion about whether we include the gun bay of m61. We reserve a recesses panel at the back of fuselage to those modeller who wants to install resin type detail. While we don’t offer plastic gun bay. 

I just want to stay we did our research and the features design is supported by our reason behind. 

Raymind,

Let the modeller sand down the wider main wheels?  What about the hubs?  They would still two wide?  Seems a bit lazy to me.  Why not do it right and offer the parts, from the beginning?  Same thing with the ATARS F/A-18D.  The wrong panel is in the back cockpit and the instrument coaming is only for the B.  So far, no resin manufactures offer correct replacement parts. 

I'm still going to get the kit, but having to correct something that should have been correct/offered in the first place, it's just extra money that the modeller has to spend.  I hope the corrections outline by everyone here, will be included in the F-104J.

Just my respectful opinion.

1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Another discussion about whether we include the gun bay of m61. We reserve a recesses panel at the back of fuselage to those modeller who wants to install resin type detail. While we don’t offer plastic gun bay.

and I thank you for that. I absolutely hate trying to get separate panels to fit. they rarely do fit and never quite look right.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Colin K said:

Raymind,

Let the modeller sand down the wider main wheels?  What about the hubs?  They would still two wide?  Seems a bit lazy to me.  Why not do it right and offer the parts, from the beginning?  Same thing with the ATARS F/A-18D.  The wrong panel is in the back cockpit and the instrument coaming is only for the B.  So far, no resin manufactures offer correct replacement parts. 

I'm still going to get the kit, but having to correct something that should have been correct/offered in the first place, it's just extra money that the modeller has to spend.  I hope the corrections outline by everyone here, will be included in the F-104J.

Just my respectful opinion.

Dear Colin,

i respect the view from modeller but doing everything in plastic form may not be an effective way. 

Taking the F-18Atars as example, why no AM company release it ? I will ask some AM company to see if they can release it. Or at another angle, the demand for correct IP for F-18atars is not sufficient enough to make it. 

As as recently I review some message in another famous thread. Some maker indicate that it is not good for treat this as a business it should be a culture. By making a plastic consumer product by not having enough business consideration, Kinetic may be going to be a brand asking for preorder for years before releasing a kit and without confirm delivery date. Do you want us to become such company ?

Edited by Raymond Chung

7 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear Colin,

i respect the view from modeller but doing everything in plastic form may not be an effective way. 

Taking the F-18Atars as example, why no AM company release it ? I will ask some AM company to see if they can release it. Or at another angle, the demand for correct IP for F-18atars is not sufficient enough to make it. 

As as recently I review some message in another famous thread. Some maker indicate that it is not good for treat this as a business it should be a culture. By making a plastic consumer product by not having enough business consideration, Kinetic may be going to be a brand asking for preorder for years before releasing a kit and without confirm delivery date. Do you want us to become such company ?

To be fair, you did offer both IP for the T-45A and C.  But, if there's no space on a sprue, that can't be helped.

But, exactly?  Why hasn't an AM company released an update for the ATARS?  Probably for the same reason...not enough of a market?  

Also, Kinetic needs to be run as a business, of course.  Personally, I think Kinetic has done well, plugging some huge holes and releasing subjects that no one else would dare too.  

In any case....I will concede.  Let's get back to talking about the F-104 kit.

Just now, Tomcat Trebor said:

Any idea of the schemes for the F-104J ?

Regards

Robert

The F-104J will only available in Japan now. International release not yet planned

That is a shame as that is the one l would be after. So no chance of it being available in Hong Kong ?

Regards

Robert