1/48 - Lockheed (T)F-104G/J/DJ/S-ASA-M Starfighter by Kinetic - released - F-104C in September 2021

I would say it depends on what version F-104 you want to build. If you want to build a 104S, you must get the Daco set regardless...for all other versions, I’d say go for Kinetic kit. Except F-104C obviously, that requires Hasegawa/Daco too. 

39 minutes ago, Nathant said:

I would say it depends on what version F-104 you want to build. If you want to build a 104S, you must get the Daco set regardless...for all other versions, I’d say go for Kinetic kit. Except F-104C obviously, that requires Hasegawa/Daco too. 

I am building the German F104G. It seems the avionics bay of the DACO set is more detailed that K's offering. Dai 

Release expected in July 2020 - K48089 - Lockheed F-104G/TF-104G Starfighter - 2 in One kit!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/1555857167914722

Box art

48089 - TF-104G/F-104G meet you in June 2020. After catching up from the delayed production schedule, we hereby announce the new tooled TF-104G on sight. The kit will be ready for release by end of June 2020.

url%5D

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe
  • 2 weeks later...

Likely 2 complete fuselages and additional sprue with the cockpit parts for the TF-104. The single seater is one fuselage, ie no split around the cockpit, hence the logic. 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, habu2 said:

I find the ability of some here to determine fit issues of an unreleased kit based solely on a few pictures of CAD renderings to be amazing.  Absolutely amazing. Absolutely, unbelievably amazing. 

Such baseless speculation should be confined to the AMK F-14 thread - where it belongs. 

Holding the magic envelope on my forehead. Aha! I see lots of puttied joints and oh yes the nose is shaped all wrong. Wait a minute! I count seventeen fatal flaws before I open the envelope!

gary

On 5/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, Raymond Chung said:

Well, if you view from subject/maker matrix, you will see the data like this:

F-14 / endless supplier

F-4 / - ditto -

Mirage 2000 / Italeri, Heller and Kinetic

Mirage IIIE / - ditto -

F-16 / endless supplier

F-18 / MONOGRAM, Hasegawa, HobbyBoss, Kinetic

So, why the market cannot support another offer on F-104 where we only have 2 suppliers since 1972 till now ? 

will you do an F104C??? Ever?

gary

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Sleepy said:

Anyone else see this on FaceBook?

2zCUb9.png

Does anyone know if the Fundekals JASDF F-104J decals come with hinomaru's or do you have to buy the second stencil sheet as well?   I couldn't tell on their website or the downloadable instructions.   

Edited by Drifterdon
1 hour ago, Drifterdon said:

Does anyone know if the Fundekals JASDF F-104J decals come with hinomaru's or do you have to buy the second stencil sheet as well?   I couldn't tell on their website or the downloadable instructions.   

They aren’t on the main sheet.  You have to buy the stencil sheet, or source or make them on your own.

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

They aren’t on the main sheet.  You have to buy the stencil sheet, or source or make them on your own.

Thanks Dave.   Kind of what I was afraid of.   The stencil sheet is an additional $15 on top of the $20 for main sheet.   

On 5/25/2020 at 6:09 PM, Nino_Belov said:

There is nothing wrong in shape of Kinetic kit...The reference that you are shown,is mat surface.And bulged area is just where it needs to be.So I think that you are wrong my friend.Kinetic F-104 is wonderfull.

it is indeed a great kit but the bulged area is wrong ! the only fault on this kit!!!!! i sanded a bit down 

f-104g_bundesluftwaffe_12_of_30.jpg

Edited by legend1

Anyone have links to information about the talented artist who  does the Kinetic Box Art?  Wondering if he has any published books like the great Shigeo Koike who does/did Hasegawa Box Art.

Gene K

• HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed (T)F-104G & (D)J Starfighter by Kinetic - F-104G/J, TF-104G & F-104DJ released - F-104S on approach
Posted (edited)

Next boxing announced:

- ref. K48093 - Lockheed/Fiat F-104S Starfighter 

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48093

I don't wanna be unpleasant but the box art (see herebelow) clearly displays a 132° Gruppo /3° Stormo aircraft, a tactical reconnaissance unit that never operated the F-104S variant but the RF-104G. See also in this drawing the R/F-104G single aft fuselage strake. So why the Sparrow missiles that only equipped the F-104S from the interception units?

By the way the F-104S "Spilone" in its pure interceptor sub-variant - or CI for Caccia Intercettore - had not only a distinctive double aft fuselage strake but also no cannon muzzle as the gun was removed to make room for the Sparrow avionics.

Even with the best will in the world you don't transform a top F-104G kit into a F-104S one just providing a pair of Sparrow missiles. So I don't expect a genuine F-104S kit but instead just a rebox from the G variant with AMI decals. 

Come on Kinetic, what's that for a mix?  :hmmm:  

PI000000268578.jpg

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe
  • HomeBe changed the title to 1/48 - Lockheed (T)F-104G/J/DJ/S-ASA-M Starfighter by Kinetic - released - F-104C in September 2021