Honest! It was an accident!

23 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

The difference between the Navy and the Air Force? The Navy owns it when they do something. The Air Force tries to explain it away as an "accident". 😂

Darren, 

Not always.  No one has gone to jail over Tailhook.  Granted, some naval careers were cut short, but no one lost any rank or pay over it.  I recently saw some clickbait outrage on MSN over aircrew on the USS WASP having a cruise motivation patch displaying a caricature of the POTUS and the words "Make Aircrew Great Again!"  The blogosphere liberals took it completely out of context, wanting to charge the sailors (actually Marines) there with a violation of Art 134, UCMJ for wearing inproper uniform rank or insignia and pledging fealty to the POTUS over the Constituion. 

Life is about making choices.  All choices have consequences; some better, some worse, some quickly overcome, some with a life sentence.  So choose your words and actions carefully!   I'm not anyone's judge, but my own, and eventually I will have to answer to The Judge.  So I don't get upset when people do or say unwise things.  I try to help where I can, protecting those who can't protect themselves, but always trying to learn, teach others and maintain a fine sense of humor through it all.

Semper fi!

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
  • 3 weeks later...

It figures that Fake News would use a video purportedly all about the F-35, and show an F-16 getting its Sidewinders checked (42 seconds in). 

They probably can't tell the difference. :rofl: