1/72 Scale Figures From Preiser

A while back I was able to purchase a set of modern Bundeswehr figures by Preiser but was told that other sets were unable to be obtained such as the unpainted Civilian Passersby, Modern US Troops, Sitting US Troops. Recently I was able to download their latest catalog and noticed that these items were still on the list. I'd like to know if they are in fact available and who sells them. The vendor I was using strung me along with a couple of back orders for so long I finally gave up and killed that PO. Since there are no real hobby shops in my area, all but one remain and that one has a very limited selection and bad customer service, I don't really care if the vendor is in the US or out in the world at large.  I have several projects planned and they all need at least one set of figures from this company so any info on where to buy would help. 

For instance, the Passersby set would give me the civilians I need to put my F-20 into an airshow setting. The Seated US Soldiers are needed for several dioramas where that have troops riding in various kinds of transports from Hummers to trucks. The other sets are just for fillers in the background. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. 

I think your vendor is not the problem, Preiser is!

I entertained myself a couple of (already!) years ago by writing Preiser emails, asking for set 72544 (sitting modern GIs, I even know the # by heart!!), and always got the reply "next quarter of the year"! I even sent the follow-on-emails with a quote of my initial question and their answer...

I also got the feedback by several of my shops and vendors in Germany that they don´t order anymore from Preiser, and instead just wait to some sets miracolously appear one day. Ordering things from Preiser seems like shouting against a wall, and with exactly the same result.

I´m very disappointed about this policy as well, since I love their figures and use them very often for crews, passengers, gunners, and so on. The figures are also among the best you can get in this scale, and would most likely sell like sliced bread. However, for reasons unknown (and in contradiction to anything you´d thought to know about capitalism and the laws of a free market), Preiser seems to be perfectly fine with NOT delivering and selling goods people would love to pay money for.

Hard to believe these folks are from Germany...

HAJO

Really sad to hear that this is their way of doing business. It makes as much sense as when Testors bought up FloQuil railroad colors and then killed off that line. I'm like you, I can't understand why a company withholds a line of products that has a ready-made consumer base. While most figures are molded in that soft, worthless toy soldier plastic their figures are all molded in actual styrene plastic that holds detail and paints just as most mainstream kits. For some reason, there has been a dearth of modern 1/72 scale military vehicles lately. A few years ago everyone was producing Hummers in all configurations, today? Good luck trying to find the Hummer ambulance Revell put out, let alone the standard four-door transport.  It would be nice to see Preiser sell the molds to a company that would actually produce and sell these figures such as Italeri, Fujimi, or Hasegawa. 

Anyway, thanks for the information, I may try Hannets or one of the other well known online vendors and see how well my luck is. I do check EBay a few times a week, maybe someone will turn a few sets loose. 

At least Revell got some hold of Preiser figures, I was told that their line of pilot figures was a joint cooperation with Preiser. I think I have used so far at least 4 of their sets and still have 3 sets stored for later....

As for modern vehicles: I enjoy the list of things to come from asian producers like Modelcollect or others. I recently built the Modelcollect M1001 with Pershing and was VERY pleased with the quality of the parts.

HAJO

• 4 months later...

I`m still waiting for their russian pilot set (#72543) I don`t have my hopes up though. No good trying to communicate with Preiser, they may respond but they probably don`t like 1:72 scale people but rather H/O scale is my only reasoning. At this day and age we are lucky to choose from a broad specter of really high quality figures so i can live without Preiser, but yes they have some really nice figures.  

• 1 year later...

I got this information from a competitor in the figure-modelling range, so it may be taken with a grain of salt...:

Apparently Preiser has been taken over by the two sons of the founder, and since they are both pacifists, they don´t continue the military stuff of the company. Well, if THAT doesn´t end war and conflict on the world, nothing will.... 🤪 🙄

HAJO