Anyone else in here riding the action cam hype? I must admit i`m sort of hyped up as of lately. Never had any action cams before but i am about to buy the new Osmo Action one from DJI, those people who make them drones. I never did get on the GoPro wave (never!) but for some reason now i want the new DJI action camera. Lots of talk about which one is the superior one, but i figure they both have their ups and downs. I`m no drone guy but i do some r/c flying during the summer season and i know i`m not the only one ,-)

Yep, long time RC helicopter and airplane guy here.  Guilty, lol.  

Cant speak for the OSMO, but it looks pretty good.  I like that it has a color screen built in.   Not really that necessary with the use of bluetooth and smart phones... but certainly useful. 

I've had a GoPro for years and have not had any issues.  I mostly use if for filming me and my buddies skiing and snowboarding in the woods, but I have been known to strap it to my RC helicopter here and there.  This summer I plan on using it to film some of my more remote kayak fishing adventures. 

On 6/10/2019 at 9:33 AM, breadneck said:

Lots of talk about which one is the superior one, but i figure they both have their ups and downs....

Drones have lots of ups and downs. The trick is keeping them equal....

😂