I'm having no luck trying to locate information about whether the Corsair -1D model had a ground power receptacle anywhere on the / close to underside of the aircraft.  Trying to find a good connect/disconnect point for a gussied-up 1/32 scale 21st Century Toys version into which I've inserted a slot car motor to power the prop.  If anyone knows, PLEASE help!

Thanks

Edited by gwaktek
23 hours ago, gwaktek said:

I'm having no luck trying to locate information about whether the Corsair -1D model had a ground power receptacle anywhere on the / close to underside of the aircraft.  Trying to find a good connect/disconnect point for a gussied-up 1/32 scale 21st Century Toys version into which I've inserted a slot car motor to power the prop.  If anyone knows, PLEASE help!

Thanks

It did.  I’ll try to pull Dana Bell’s awesome book and get you some details.  

Finn's link was great insofar as manuals are concerned, and there was a mention of it, but for the -4 version.  On that bird I know it to be at fuselage starboard, at the approximate level of the foothold on the -1D.  

Looking forward to your input, 11bee...

• 1 month later...

Yes, the F4U-1D had an external power receptacle. It was located on the underside of the center wing just ahead of the r/h inboard flap.

Here are a couple photos. click on the link.

The following photo link shows the external power access door just ahead of the flap.

External Power Receptacle

This photo shows an external power cart plugged in.

20.jpg

Cheers,

John