Su-15 Flagon Late Model Engine "scoops"

I have a bunch of pix of the Su-15 Flagon. What I need to know is on the later models, the large intake 'scoops' that are present on the top and bottom of the aft air frame sides, in some of the pix, are still on the bottom in the later models? I'm doing a 1/144 scale conversion of Trumpeters F-8II on a bet.  See pic...

Thanks in advance for any assist!

Matt

72-SU-15TM-FlagonF-Trump-001.jpg

I don't have a definitive answer for you but the best way to aid your search is googling the specific "late model" Su-15 you're referring to.  The Soviets designated this model as the Su-15TM, NATO called it the "Flagon F."

Also, just a note that your question isn't entirely clear as to which specific intakes you're referring. If you are able to mark up a photo that would be ideal, or alternatively give a more specific text description (e.g. "just ahead of the exhaust fairing, at 10 and 2 o'clock from centerline")

Quixote74, I'm talking about the large intakes just aft of mid-wing. In the supplied pic, there's only one visible. It's the largest of the intakes. As for the late model type. thank you for the "Su-15TM-Flagon F" designation. That's a great help in defining just what I'm looking for!

Thanks for the reply!

Matt

6 hours ago, MattP said:

I'm talking about the large intakes just aft of mid-wing.

If I understand your question, you're asking if there are similar intakes to these below the wing?

There aren't an abundance of clear photos of this area (basically you need an in-flight underside shot), but page 125 of Yefim Gordon's Sukhoi Interceptors shows a clean Su-15TM from below.

Per that photo and scale plans in the same book, the only intakes on the underside are a small pair, one under the centerline of each engine, roughly in line with the pivot point of the horizontal stabilizers. Size and shape of these appears similar to the pair on the topside just forward of the rudder leading edge.

Edited by Quixote74
Corrected typo