Su-57 from Zvezda, completely new!!!

32 minutes ago, mario krijan said:

We need to ask Mr. Erdogan for walkaround

What he has seen was not a real aircraft, it is a test airframe so the detailed walkaround that he did (while Putin was not looking and eating ice cream from that friendly ice cream lady who is in fact more :coolio:)  is of little use for our hobby. :)   :)   :)

36 minutes ago, mario krijan said:

Zvezda distributor is in Austria. There i send e mail for replacement parts.

I did not know that, thanks, but my question was not really serious! 😁 😁

Best regards

Gabor

I want one. So much so that I’m tabling my next kit, the GWH F-15E. 

Edited to say I almost pulled the trigger on their old kit. Glad I didn’t and thanks for posting the box art for the new-tool!

Edited by afterburner

The initial order is for 76 Su-57 fighters of which the first production example will be delivered in November this year. The KnAAZ factory in Komsomolsk na Amure has the production line set up and will produce the Su-57 in parallel with Su-35S fighters.

Best regards

Gabor

Here are some last views of that Russian build on Zvezda fake book. Last views since the kit is finished. :))   Looks good.

Before you ask.

No. The masks for the digital camo are not included. I am sure soon some aftermarket company will produce them.

Best regards

Gabor

69937663_1888509974585131_2035352961118371840_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Someone in the Zvezda high command have listened to all those voices who were asking for a 48th scale Su-57. :worship:   I just hope that surface details will be more visible in comparison to the 72nd version.

But what is more interesting that at last they will upscale their Mi-24 Hind to the bigger scale in the next year. All the CAD plans were there (for many years) so it was inevitable that sooner or later they get around to doing it. :thumbsup2:

It is only a question of time now. Although we don’t know where the projects stand at the moment at the Lobnya Zvezda factory. Who knows . . .  😊

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

But what is more interesting that at last they will upscale their Mi-24 Hind to the bigger scale in the next year. All the CAD plans were there (for many years) so it was inevitable that sooner or later they get around to doing it. :thumbsup2:

Since I haven't modeled in 72nd scale since the '70's, I didn't know that Zvezda had produced Hind's in 72nd. However, in looking at their Hinds in the smaller scale, I see they have produced a number of versions, including a Hind-A! So I am very hopeful that they will in fact scale that puppy up to quarter scale as well!

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

I see they have produced a number of versions, including a Hind-A! So I am very hopeful that they will in fact scale that puppy up to quarter scale as well!

It is all a question of kit design and brake down of parts for sprues. As they have done this job correctly for the 72nd scale kit, I would see no problems in 48th. Several common sprues and some additional ones for  the individual version.

The bigger 48thscale (in general) is a more or less uncharted territory for Zvezda so it did take few years for them to consider the bigger scale options. When Ken the Flankerman and I visited Zvezda few years back they  did show us some original drawings (and they were big, not just big, but BIG) based on which the 72nd kits were designed. Seeing all the controversy over Factory Drawings/Blue Prints or simply equipment arrangement drawings of the Tomcat in other topics here, I can only say that in this case actual production technical drawings were used to make the Zvezda excellent Hind kit in 72nd.

The 72nd kit has all the strange kinks and breaks of the fuselage that the original Hind has. So as far as authenticity I think there could be very few questions.

Would they do the A version. I would love to see it, but then again which one? There were several . . .

I think it will be safe to go for the basic V or D model for start to be followed by P or the Mi-35.  

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor