My review of the Airfix Spitfire FR Mk.XIV - Part 1

Nicely done review Paul. You show very well the not so nice mold quality from Airfix.

In regards to your video...I think the level of sophistication in your video production continues to get better and better - you're definitely producing a commercial quality product. Bravo!

Sigh, I love Airfix’s choice of subjects but detest the mould quality.  I actually binned one of their new tool Spit Mk. I’s - it wasn’t worth the effort of cleaning up mismatched mould lines on every single part.  I want to build the Sea Fury, but that kit is plagued with similar issues.  C’mon Airfix- improve your tooling and charge us an extra $10-15 a kit- I think we would prefer it in 2019!

Even when I do not care for the subject matter of what Paul is building, I watch his vids.  I NEVER fail to learn something that helps my modelling.  

Nice video series on the XIV, with Paul tips and some old-school modelling trickery  it could (and will) be build into a nice replica of this lovely looking Spit. Mine should be arriving from Mega Hobby's warehouse anytime soon.

Edited by nachjager

Excellent reviews Paul.   I spent several hours over the weekend watching many of your Youtube videos and learned some very cool tips and tricks. 

Can't wait to see a finished build of this latest Spit from you.