Eduard F-16 early wheels

It depends on the timeframe of the ADF.  These were introduced around the early 1990s.  Jets earlier than this would have the original wheels.

Jake

9 minutes ago, jmel said:

It depends on the timeframe of the ADF.  These were introduced around the early 1990s.  Jets earlier than this would have the original wheels.

Jake

Just so I understand, the wheels pictured were introduced around the early 1990s?
That would mean a fairly recent ADF would have the pictured wheels?

If so, great! 👍

Edited by Anders_Isaksson

All the ADF airframes (except for a single Block 10) were converted from, or upgraded to, Block 15 OCU standard, some of the last A & B models built, if that helps.  There weren't "ADF specific" wheels.

I believe that only the Nth Dakota and Minnesota ANG units had these wheels as they were introduced around the middle of F-16C Blk 30 production. Though I maybe wrong with this assumption.

HTH

Phil

Canberra, Australia.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, Anders_Isaksson said:

Just so I understand, the wheels pictured were introduced around the early 1990s?

If so, great! 👍

Do you know what air frame you want to model and what year?

for example your doing F-16A ADF 81-0777 during the year 2002

Edited by achterkirch
22 minutes ago, achterkirch said:

Do you know what air frame you want to model and what year?

for example your doing F-16A ADF 81-0777 during the year 2002

Hmm... sorry but I don’t know much.

It’s something like this one I am after.

5AD2F70D-BF88-482D-9F9D-3D1C5A7BECF5.jpeg

On 6/20/2019 at 9:43 AM, Anders_Isaksson said:

If so, great! 👍

Correct.  The wheels were introduced in the early 1990s. The ADFs were introduced in the late 1980s.  

The jet in primer you posted is an MLU.

If it helps, there is a reference book available that details all of the mods to the ADF and MLU that may be very helpful to you.

The Early Viper Guide by Reid Air Publications

Hope this helps.

Jake

21 minutes ago, jmel said:

If it helps, there is a reference book available that details all of the mods to the ADF and MLU that may be very helpful to you.

The Early Viper Guide by Reid Air Publications

Geez, I now realize I already own that very book. Will have to take a good look.

But all things considered I guess the wheels are OK for my build.

Thanks a lot, Jake! 🙂

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

That looks like an MLU jet not an ADF

Oh but it could be a PoAF F-16A/B ADF that was upgraded to MLU standards. Link below for pic. 

https://imgur.com/a/vak2E28

i have seen a few pics of them in the yellow primer right after being converted 

Edited by achterkirch
1 hour ago, achterkirch said:

Oh but it could be a PoAF F-16A/B ADF that was upgraded to MLU standards. Link below for pic. 

https://imgur.com/a/vak2E28

i have seen a few pics of them in the yellow primer right after being converted 

Interesting, but I can not really make out the type of wheel there.

PoAF... that’s not the Polish Air Force, right?

23 hours ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

An MLU? Ok, thanks! 👍🏻🙂

So there should be no need to modify the base of the fin on my Hasegawa base kit?

(Obviously, the kit is an A and not a B but apart from that I plan on doing the primer yellow version.)

08AE8658-B27F-4419-BDB8-836DF117A401.jpeg

If you are in fact wanting to build one of the ADF jets acquired by Portugal and upgraded to MLU then two things to know: they did not have the extended parabrake housing as depicted in your box art, and the distinctive ADF bulges on the tail base were only present on ADF A-model, not on the two seat B-models.

4 hours ago, achterkirch said:

Should be Eduard product number EDU648005

it will say they are the early wheel but it’s the later style wheels for earlier blocks of F-16’s. 

Then the wheels I have are the correct ones. (As pictured above). Thanks!

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

If you are in fact wanting to build one of the ADF jets acquired by Portugal and upgraded to MLU then two things to know: they did not have the extended parabrake housing as depicted in your box art, and the distinctive ADF bulges on the tail base were only present on ADF A-model, not on the two seat B-models.

Ah yes, forgot to say that I have the fin base (with the bulges) from the Revell F-16ADF that I plan to use on the Hasegawa kit.

Also, I have the KASL resin nose featuring the port searchlight and birdslicer antennas.