Fairy Hobby 48008 1/48 F-15 "Eagle" Single Seat Canopy Correction for G.W.H Kit

This is my original designed product for sale, the Fairy Hobby 48008 1/48 F-15 "Eagle" Single Seat Canopy Correction Set for G.W.H kit
This is a well researched and highly detailed resin cast correction set and very limited produced due to big size clear resin parts casting difficulty.

Content: 5 resin parts (2 clear resin parts), 2 pre-cut masking tape sheets, 1 color instruction sheet

Note: this is a product needs your own cleaning and painting.
Sample photos are painted and are only for your reference.
Painting result may differ from individuals.
Although I tried my best effor to select the bubble free/stretch free clear resin parts due to the extreme difficulty in mass produce, the resin cast parts still cannot be compared with the steel mold injection clear plastic parts. 
And this product requires careful cutting and painting work which is not suitable for beginners.
Please bear that in mind before purchasing. 

How to purchase:
Simply search "Fairy Hobby 48008" on eB*y.

Thanks for looking!

uz0unGl.jpg

NskBYUa.jpg

ZiYSLB1.jpg

VuVWjRy.jpg

zyoGIPN.jpg

XYOl2yy.jpg

o2apFSu.jpg

cHkS2wv.jpg

ZOEcNjp.jpg

52gPLb6.jpg

IJS9py3.jpg

8PdVHNB.jpg

FBE6RWU.jpg

Z4xsNPK.jpg

APg9QcP.jpg

Oh my, that's a work of art haneto. You can certainly see the difference between your canopy and the kit one.

I think the accurate cutting needed would be hard for me, so I will reluctantly pass and let some other worthy builder purchase one.

7 hours ago, haneto said:

This is my original designed product for sale

What is the main difference between your product and kit's one?

It is only about shape and profile od canopy and windshield, or something more?

I know there were some shape issues of F-15B/D canopy, but it has been corrected in F-15C and next kits.

So it is still wrong shape in F-15C/E/I/J?
I have just bougt it, but I am not so sure why. 😄

4 hours ago, Mstor said:

Oh my, that's a work of art haneto. You can certainly see the difference between your canopy and the kit one.

I think the accurate cutting needed would be hard for me, so I will reluctantly pass and let some other worthy builder purchase one.

I'm sure you're not giving yourself enough credit. Why don't you practice  cutting on scrap to improve your  ability.

Haneto,

Saw this this morning, but had to go help a friend move. Got back this afternoon and eBay shows it no longer available. So, it that all there are going to be or do you plan another batch?

Nothing, they've all been sold. I left the eBay screen up while I went to help my friend move and when I got home, it had a SOLD banner. Reloaded the search and nothing popped up.

Thanks guys.

Didn't expect the sales went so well just over one night, so I relisted it on eB*y now.

Talking about errors, yes all GWH 1/48 F-15 kits have the same concern: windshield/canopy have wrong cross section shape.

You can easily find from any picuture that F-15 windshield/canopy should be a true round, but GWH messed it up to some oval shape.

And as a result, the windshield/canopy is way too wide which ruins the look of an Eagle.

These parts CANNOT be corrected even GWH once retooled many parts.

Why?

Because you need to retool the front fuselage parts to meet the new windshield/canopy, and by doing that you also need to retool almost all cockpit parts inside to meet the new front fuselage, which is not a choice considering the time and money necessary for most brands.

So that is why this product was designed in past 6 months, at least, to save the best 1/48 Eagle kit by best effort.

Hasegawa? No way, the Hase Eagle nose cone is too short and most panel lines/rivets are wrong.

Wouldn't be easier to work with compared with GWH kit with new clear parts. 

31 minutes ago, haneto said:

Thanks guys.

Didn't expect the sales went so well just over one night, so I relisted it on eB*y now.

Talking about errors, yes all GWH 1/48 F-15 kits have the same concern: windshield/canopy have wrong cross section shape.

You can easily find from any picuture that F-15 windshield/canopy should be a true round, but GWH messed it up to some oval shape.

And as a result, the windshield/canopy is way too wide which ruins the look of an Eagle.

These parts CANNOT be corrected even GWH once retooled many parts.

Why?

Because you need to retool the front fuselage parts to meet the new windshield/canopy, and by doing that you also need to retool almost all cockpit parts inside to meet the new front fuselage, which is not a choice considering the time and money necessary for most brands.

So that is why this product was designed in past 6 months, at least, to save the best 1/48 Eagle kit by best effort.

Hasegawa? No way, the Hase Eagle nose cone is too short and most panel lines/rivets are wrong.

Wouldn't be easier to work with compared with GWH kit with new clear parts. 

Haneto, will you be making more?

1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

Haneto, will you be making more?

More available now. I took your advise and have purchased one. Listing is still showing more than 10 available.

You guys who missed one earlier, get over there NOW!

21 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Cheaper shipping if I want 2 of them? If I order as it is, I get double shipping cost.

Add two to your "Cart" and send message to seller requesting total.

Haneto, are you considering making a set for GWH's F-15B/D and F-15I? I would imagine they have the same problem, yes?

Edited by Mstor

Thanks all for your support guys!

3 hours ago, ORANGF15Guy said:

Hi Haneto, 

The Kitty Hawk F-101B has the same issue as the GWH F-15......would you consider making a correction set for that kit as well?  Please let us know!

So far have no such plan.

Mainly due to clear resin cast mass production is still very difficult and my OEM partner showed concern on continuously making copies for me, after very tough and time/money consuming process copying F-15 canopies.

Wish I can convince the guy but have no confidence at the moment...

7 hours ago, haneto said:

Mainly due to clear resin cast mass production is still very difficult and my OEM partner showed concern on continuously making copies for me, after very tough and time/money consuming process copying F-15 canopies.

I understand and thought that might be the case. If it was difficult casting a single seat F-15 canopy, a double seat one would be that much harder. 

One would think that molding technologies have progressed far enough that kit manufacturers would be able to make canopies with accurate cross sections. I wonder, is it still a technology issue or just a lack of will on the company's part to create an accurate canopy. This problem is not limited to just GWH.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:30 PM, haneto said:

Please....please....please do it!

1oyaiw.jpg

The auction on eBay still shows three sets available. Grab one.

Edit: Sorry, you are probably referring to the F-101B canopy. My bad.

Edited by Mstor