ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
haneto

Fairy Hobby 48008 1/48 F-15 "Eagle" Single Seat Canopy Correction for G.W.H Kit

Looks like a 'butt post' to me. 😂

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why resin was chosen over thermoforming?

3 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why resin was chosen over thermoforming?

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to vacform that canopy shape (if that's what you meant by thermoforming). It has an Ω cross section.

Jon

7 hours ago, jonbryon said:

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to vacform that canopy shape (if that's what you meant by thermoforming). It has an Ω cross section.

Jon

You may very well be right about that Jon Bryon. Zactoman had a difficult enough time with his Su-27 canopy that he decided to stop making them. I'm afraid the F-15 canopy would be less successful.

I've just received my Fairy-Hobby F-15 windshield/canopy fix, and wanted to take the opportunity to say a huge "thank you!" to Yufei for such an extraordinary cast. My piece hardly has any blemishes (no broken parts) that wouldn't easily go away with a little rub of Tamiya Compound and some elbow grease, as it reads on the instruction sheet.

Just as with your 1/48 Su-27 correction set almost ten years ago, I knew I couldn't pass on this new set, and also that I wouldn't be disappointed in your great workmanship. Congratulations on yet another job very well done, Yufei, my friend.

Hope that you are able to devise more and more correction sets as you see them fit. I'll sure get them all as long as they're in 1/48th scale. As for now, kudos to you for another excellent piece of art.