I am not sure if this really qualifies for this Group build.  I guess it depends on your beliefs.

Several years ago I picked up this doll kit when it was on sale at Hobby Lobby.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but back then I was really into figure kits so I thought I might use it at some point.  Fast forward a few years and my daughter showed me this picture in a magazine and told me it was the creepiest thing she had ever seen.  Well, I knew what the doll kit was going to be.  I found this while I was looking for something else to build for this GB and haven't built a figure kit in a while so this should be fun.

Here is the kit.  It was missing some of its parts, that is why it was discounted.  It has the head, two arms and two legs so it is fine for my purposes.

48124703656_42c41c0d85_o.png01 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

Here is the head with the picture I cut out of the magazine.

48124791257_5a6c118db1_o.png02 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

I am not a sculptor in any way, shape or form so I plan to leave the lower portion of the skull with the nose and mouth intact so that I do not have to do anything with that.  I am hoping to cut it at the mid eye level and chop off the top portion of the head.  One thing I am not sure about though is the material it is made off.  I always thought it was vinyl but today when I took it out of the bag it has a sort of rubbery feel to it.  I am going to try cutting the head and paint one of the feet to see how it reacts.  If it is not good, this will be a very short project.

Els 

I was pretty excited to get started on this project but now that I am working on it, it's not really keeping my attention the way I thought it would.  I chopped the top of the head off and put a couple of coats of epoxy in it to stop it from flexing every time I touched it.  Some wooden half ovals were bought to use for the eyes.  I put several coats of filler primer spray paint on them to smooth them out and hit them with some silver spray paint.  Then I super glued them together in the shape I will use for the eyes.

48167029922_7a48cfeff1_o.png03 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

Els

Yesterday I had some leftover putty from another project so I decided to start fairing in the eyes and roughing out the head size.

48236879971_4dd28cb426_o.png04 by Hal Elsberry, on Flickr

I gotta get working on this, September is right around the corner and I still have a few "Ain't real" projects I would like to work on.

Els