Hobby Lobby more kits on clearance

Just wanted to give a heads up to people with a Hobby Hobby that they are putting some kits in the clearance section.

Picked up a Revell 1:48 F-102 for $7.49.

Academy 1/72 F-4J VF-84 boxing $9.99.

1/72 Hobbyboss P-38 easy kit $3.

There was more this is just what I picked up.

Mike

Thanks for the tip.  I guess I'll stop by my local Hobby Lobby and see if only your store in Ohio is putting them on clearance or it's a wider event and it extends up here in Michigan. 

Edited by fasteagle12

My daughter works there and also said they went to 70% off clearance at first mark down to get the stuff out of the store.

She’s going to pick up a Hobbyboss F-5E 1/72 for $3.99 if it’s still there tomorrow.

Mike

Edited by P-38 guy

I stopped by a HL at lunch today but refrained from adding to my unbuilt stash. There were still several kits marked down and the shelves had lots of empty space especially in the aircraft section.

i stopped by two more (different) HLs on the way home this evening and all the marked down stickers were gone. The same previously marked down kits were there but were back to full price - and the shelves were completely full / restocked. 

Edited by habu2
Eye kant tipe

I would like to say "Thank you" and my sons really need to thank you!  We went by our local Hobby Lobby last night and they thought it was Christmas.  We picked up 2 x Academy 1/72 F-4J, 3 x Hobby Boss 1/48 UH-1C (family group build), AMT 1/25 Batwing, Hobby Boss 1/72 P-38, 2 x Hobby Boss 1/48 M4A3, and Hobby Boss 1/48 M4A3E8.  I'd like to say this should keep them busy for the summer but for them it's probably a couple of weekends.

Thanks for posting that they were doing the sale.

Rodney

I grabbed two Deuces yesterday and a couple Huey's for my son. If you can't find the clearance kits in your local HL then wander or ask. My HL never puts the clearance kits in the same isle as the regular priced kits (heck most often they aren't even close). They generally stick them on an island in the middle of a main isle down from the kit section.  

My friends and I checked the 3 closest to me. None had the clearance prices yet. I asked one of the Managers and they said it would be coming soon as they are expecting a new selection of scale models...they did not know details just that new stuff is coming...Hoping they bring back more Tamiya kits. How Awesome would it be to see F-14s on the shelf. Quick calculation says an F-14A with the coupon would cost about 70.00 plus your local taxes...The D about 6.00 more....just dreaming....

I was hoping that they would include the 1/72 Academy F/A-18D in the clearance sale.  I think it's $39.95, but so was the 1/72 F-4J.  I guess be checking in about once a week now.  It would be great to see a new selection of kits there.  The every day 40% off coupon make most of them a great deal. 

On 6/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Vaildog said:

How come all Hobby Lobby’s sell the same few dozen kits?

They buy bulk lots and distribute them to the stores. It's not really a hobby shop where somebody is buying different stuff from Stevens Intl for customers. It's more like the Dollar Store with centralized distribution.

Snagged an Academy 1/72 F-4J and a pair of A-37s. I was going to grab a 1/48 UH-1C, but I need a F or P to build a 20th SOS Vietnam bird. Completely different engine exhaust, in the least. 

On 6/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, Vaildog said:

How come all Hobby Lobby’s sell the same few dozen kits?

I worked retail at Toys R Us for a decade.

HL all have the same kits because it is a chain store with a corporate office running the show and corporate buyers. The store managers do no ordering. The merchandise is all bought by the corporate buyers. Believe it or not but the store managers do not even have the freedom to put the merchandise on the shelves where they see fit! They are sent what is called a planogram from corporate which is a road map as to where every single piece of merchandise has to go on a shelf. So when you walk into a Hobby Lobby in California the shelves will have the same merchandise in the same location as when you walk into a Hobby Lobby in Florida.

Thats big store retailing....

You want a diversified selection then you must support every single local hobby shop in your town, if your town has any local hobby shops left.

Max Bryant

The Hobbyboss 1/48th scale M4s are on clearance.  I picked up the Academy F-6F3/5 for$3.49.  The A-37 is also marked down.  Not much else, though.  Guess things are slowly rolling through Colorado, finally.

Tom