Well it has been a while since I have had the time to sit and really dig into a model. With life, family, and job it can be tough. So I have made the decision to make time, so here we go. This is RV models 1/72 MIG-21MF. Markings are going to be from the Czechoslovakian Air Force, their splinter scheme from 1998. The following photos are of the resin and PE cockpit included in the kit. All in all not bad for 72nd scale, but of course there is always room for improvement. Paints used are from Hataka, Vallejo, Akah, Model Master, and Tamiya. Weathering was done with Winsor & Newton oils, and Ammo by Mig washes. Please let me know what y'all think, good or bad. I am always open for critiques and pointers. Sorry for the photo quality, I am in no way a professional photographer. Thanks in advance.

Dave Fassett

1flSRc.jpg

MMS7ow.jpg

ec5b9c.jpg

cjTw59.jpg

ljIod6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Small update today. PE is from Res-Im and resin is from Quickboost. Please let me know if you have any questions or corrections.

45baDc.jpg

Edited by Bulldog 09

Wow! The cockpit sidewalls and instrument panel look really nice. :thumbsup: Even more impressive given that the resin cockpit is a tub, which probably doesn't make painting any easier.

Thank you Sir for the kind words. Yes the cockpit was a bear, but I love every moment of it. Cockpit painting, detailing, and weathering is one of my favorite parts of every build.

Dave Fassett

• 3 months later...

Hey Y'all, Project is still on going. I know the updates have fallen off recently but hopefully a new one is right around the corner. Work has been crazy and this kit has required  A LOT of filling, sanding, and rescribing. This process has been going on, and on, and on :709-457: y'all get the picture. Thats it hope to post soon.

Dave Fassett