Eduard 1/48 F-18E price...gotta scratch my head.

Anyone gonna pay 100.00 street price for this kit? Me well I think it's WAY overpriced . Then I see Sprue Brothers has the overtrees for 53,00 Whoa... 10.00 more you get a Hasegawa kit with decals and Instructions. Gotta think Eduard overpaid for the plastic. Then to really put a kick in your gut the upper fuselage is for the early block Rhino's. And I think all the decals are for late block Bug's....more head scratching ....If it bombs l hope they don't get discouraged and maybe learn from it then Do an F with the late block tooling and then drop the MSRP price by 25% ...That in my mind would be a winner.

20 hours ago, viper730 said:

<...> the upper fuselage is for the early block Rhino's. And I think all the decals are for late block Bug's....<...>

That had me puzzled as well. 

it's a total missed opportunity.

I'm a superbug enthusiast.

The first thing who prevents me for buying it, is like you said, the inadequation between decal options and the early block a/c provided.

Then, decal options are boring and all already done.

Third and worst, eduard did the minimum (in particular brassin resin adds-on) and the boxing is way overpriced.

And i'ts pretty surprising because the Tornado ADV special edition right before was a pretty neat boxing.

Its a waist of money. I could buy a ton of proper aftermarket along with the Hasegawa kit for that amount. And the Aires cockpits and seats are much better that Eduard's. I would go for the Aires cockpit that fits very well and is superbly detailed. Wheel wells and exhausts and that's it. 

Edited by EagleAviation

I know I priced one out.

Lucky Model $40 US when they have the kit

Hannants (all Canadian $$)

Quickboost Seat $5

Quickboost ECS stacks $5

Eduard Color Zoom P/E $8

Decals from $15 to $25 depending on the sheet and what else is on it.

So what maybe $53 US total plus shipping, good thing I have a few.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at the Eduard kit as well. Crazy over priced. instead I got the Hasegawa kit off amazon for $61 and signed up for their Amazon card which lopped $60 off. I have prime so shipping was free and I got it in 2 days.

Then I shopped the 49ers for the AIres/Quickboost/Amur Reaver/Eduard big Ed sets and saved a ton there as well.

The Big Ed set for the Hase 1/48 E is on sale for under $20. My favorite USA vendor has it for $49, and the Eduard latest exterior etch for their kit was over $20 alone and is identical to the earlier released version for the Hasegawa kit.

I also had $16 in points at the 49ers which knocked the bill down some and shipping was registered and under $8.

Lastly, I bought some decals for the Echo that shot down the Syrian Su-22. Found a small set on EBay made by Galaxy Models, however, I found a couple of misspelled words (probably will not be noticeable) for $15 including shipping. I'm still looking for a set of the Carrier Air Wing 8 made by Furball with that particular aircraft which seems to be impossible to find in 1/48 or 1/32 (I still want to build a big Trumpy Super Hornet).

Ya gotta shop around.

6 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I looked at the Eduard kit as well. Crazy over priced. instead I got the Hasegawa kit off amazon for $61 and signed up for their Amazon card which lopped $60 off. I have prime so shipping was free and I got it in 2 days.

Then I shopped the 49ers for the AIres/Quickboost/Amur Reaver/Eduard big Ed sets and saved a ton there as well.

The Big Ed set for the Hase 1/48 E is on sale for under $20. My favorite USA vendor has it for $49, and the Eduard latest exterior etch for their kit was over $20 alone and is identical to the earlier released version for the Hasegawa kit.

I also had $16 in points at the 49ers which knocked the bill down some and shipping was registered and under $8.

Lastly, I bought some decals for the Echo that shot down the Syrian Su-22. Found a small set on EBay made by Galaxy Models, however, I found a couple of misspelled words (probably will not be noticeable) for $15 including shipping. I'm still looking for a set of the Carrier Air Wing 8 made by Furball with that particular aircraft which seems to be impossible to find in 1/48 or 1/32 (I still want to build a big Trumpy Super Hornet).

Ya gotta shop around.

Totally agree! The 48ers offer great prices and fast shipping. I am going to order some stuff for my Echo.  

12 hours ago, EagleAviation said:

Totally agree! The 48ers offer great prices and fast shipping. I am going to order some stuff for my Echo.

Totally agree too! The 48ers are my first go to for aftermarket. If they don't have it in stock I usually try Hannants. Their prices are often close to The 48ers and they have a very large stock of parts too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 5:44 PM, shion said:

Seriously, what are they doing?

<....>

Release a pretty expensive kit where most decorations provided need these parts, without them.

Sell the needed parts separately.

They better have a VERY good explanation for this. Otherwise it's going to blow up in their face.

The kit price would not be as bad if they had used the new tool upper fuselage. It still is too much for what you get. Now here is a crazy Idea. I would have made it an E/F special edition. All they needed to add is the 2 seater canopy and then the "S" and "V"  Sprues, they include the rear pit large screen etc. Then have whoever it was that did the decals (Furball or Fightertown) add 2 more options for "F" Birds In my mind that would be about a 110.00 MSRP kit and a street price around 85.00 That would have been a Winner Winner Chicken dinner!