New russian pilot in Syria (or russian summer) by Reedoak

Hi

coming next is a russian pilot in summer flight suit, to match with our previously released ground crew.

19070112315923927216294880.png

19070112315923927216294881.png

Note that the flight suit has a sand and a blue version, so you have the choice of color. Geared for ground attack, without G-suit

Cheers

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Timmins said:

Where can we purchase Reedoak figures in  Canada and US?

We usualy do not sale through reseller, as we produce on order. You can find all products direct from our webshop at www.reedoak.com

We ship worldwide, Alaska and Hawai included (and also China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Brasil, Argentina, Russia, Australia, South Africa, United Emirates...etc, etc)

cheers

Norbert

On 7/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, DarkKnight said:

why are there never seated pilots with mask and visor down, how often do pilots hang out walking round planes arrrghghhhh

Get what you're saying BUT in reality does a seated pilot need to be as detailed as the ones these guys are producing? Most seated jet pilots will be under a closed canopy and you can only see the chest and helmet area. Not saying it wouldn't be a welcome addition to the line of figures but I think what they are producing is really top rate figures that work with a majority of people that build ground based aircraft. 

Now having said that, I have asked (or begged LOL) for a Blue Angel seated pilot in 1/32 with visor down and no mask so I feel your pain. 😀

5 hours ago, niart17 said:

<...> in reality does a seated pilot need to be as detailed as the ones these guys are producing? Most seated jet pilots will be under a closed canopy and you can only see the chest and helmet area. <...>

In my opinion, yes, it doesn't hurt to have the figure as detailed as Reedoak's. The more the detail there is on the figure, the less detail I have to try to "paint in". 😉

Working on a couple of Fishbeds and a Foxbat in 1/72 at the moment. The Fishbeds get resin pilots converted from a standing Aires/Aerobonus figure that is nicely detailed. The Foxbat will get a pilot from a Zvezda MiG-21bis. The Zvezda pilot is okay by plastic pilot standards, but nowhere near as detailed as the resin pilots. Painting them with the same colours and techniques, the resin pilots will look WAY more convincing than the less-detailed plastic guy. The detail on the resin guys is quite crisp. It's easy to paint because the demarcation line between, say, visor and helmet are sharp. You can easily tell which part is visor and which part is helmet, making painting a whole lot easier. On the plastic guy coming from a two-part steel mould? Not so much.  😆

You're quite right about the helmet and chest part, though. They're the most visible parts. At least in 1/72 and certainly when sitting in a Foxbat or Fishbed cockPIT. I suppose once you go up in scale and in types like the F-16 or F-15, even the legs become quite visible.

Great rendition of a modern Russian pilot and ground crew - but note that in Syria, in published photos, the pilots always seem to have had their tinted visors down during walkrounds and signing for the jet.

I assume that this was to avoid being identified - for fear of reprisals.

Just saying.....

Ken

1 hour ago, Flankerman said:

Great rendition of a modern Russian pilot and ground crew - but note that in Syria, in published photos, the pilots always seem to have had their tinted visors down during walkrounds and signing for the jet.

I assume that this was to avoid being identified - for fear of reprisals.

Just saying.....

Ken

You're right compared to the published pictures, and with the reason why. You see that now also on pictures taken in russia.

Russians told me the visor down is only for the photographers, they have normaly visor up.

However, a visor down version is also scheduled, as we did before with our arctic pilot.

Norbert