Problem with H&S Infinity CR

Hello,

As title says, this is the second time that's I use my new H&S airbrush.  I used Tamiya acrylic and ensured to flush windex as a last step, then when I did the individual cleaning of components before assembly, the tip was clogged.  This is the 0.2 tip.  

Any recommendation on how can I unclogg it?

Thank you 

Hi Greenghost,

Have you tried with an ultrasonic cleaner? I have the very same airbrush (with the 0.15 tip) and experienced the same problem (since new), until I bought one of this cleaners. I put Isopropyl alcohol inside and let the airbrush rest inside unasembled. 

I also always clean the airbrush with UMP airbrush cleaner before putting it in the ultrasonic cleaner. 

Hope this helps.

Tato

Hello Greenghost,

I have a chinese one that I bought last year. I think I paid a little more than 35 dollars.

It works wonderfull. 

Here's the one I have:

Ultrasonic Cleaner

Hope this helps.

Tato

Edited by Tato

With mine I bought a nice little tool off amazon to clean the nozzle. Just search Airbrush cleaning tool. It is just a needle shaped tool that you insert carefully into the nozzle and clean out any obstructions. I also recommend Iwata's Magnifier or similar..It has a 60x lense and a light so you can see the most minute details and any damage that may be there.  Both tools should cost about 20.00.

If you can use lacquer thinner you will have better results in cleaning your AB. Also Tamiya sells an AB cleaner. It cleans EVERYTHING. It has a lot of smell so ventilation is Must. I have really enjoyed mine but have not experienced what your talking about. I guess the difference is I use a much stronger cleaner than Windex. HTH

11 hours ago, Greenghost said:

Ok, I get my ultrasonic cleaner, now, what disolvent do you recommend amd how long into the ultrasonic bath?

Thank you. 

Tato said he used Isopropyl alcohol. See his post above.

16 hours ago, Greenghost said:

Ok, I get my ultrasonic cleaner, now, what disolvent do you recommend amd how long into the ultrasonic bath?

Thank you. 

Hi Greenhost,

As Mstor said, I use Isopropyl alcohol (don't know if that is the correct translation from spanish). For me, it works perfect. It cleans all the paint  and leaves the airbrush like new. Regarding time, I usually let it between 3 and 5 minutes, depending on how much I used it and the type of paint. 

A word of caution, be careful when removing the airbrush parts from the cleaner, they get hot when you leave them that much time.

Hope this helps.

Tato