1/48 Tamiya F4U-1D with extras

8 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

A couple of beautiful bent wing birds!!

The Corsair just looks like awesome, doesn’t it?

2 hours ago, Brett M said:

Very nice, she’s coming along nicely. The natural metal fasteners do stand out nicely and look good!

Thanks Brett- using a metallic wash was definitely challenging- unfortunately, I didn’t get all of the metallic particles off before the clear coat (as I found out).  Ugh. But it is a unique look and I like it.  

Steve

Sir,

After carefully going over what has evolved within these few pages I have some concerns....

Careful evaluation of your process, consideration of time spent, financial responsibilities considered for this project, ongoing unknown constraints that may pop up during the build, the known constraints since the inception of the build...

I have decided that, I will send you mine Corsair to complete.

Please provide me the shipping address for you to complete mine, as a fellow modeler, I'm sure it would be in your heart to do this for free as a kind gesture.

For your consideration,

LOL

8 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Sir,

After carefully going over what has evolved within these few pages I have some concerns....

Careful evaluation of your process, consideration of time spent, financial responsibilities considered for this project, ongoing unknown constraints that may pop up during the build, the known constraints since the inception of the build...

I have decided that, I will send you mine Corsair to complete.

Please provide me the shipping address for you to complete mine, as a fellow modeler, I'm sure it would be in your heart to do this for free as a kind gesture.

For your consideration,

LOL

Hahahahaha- dude you made my night!  You are a tremendous modeler, so thanks for the kind words 👍🏻 

This has been a fun project- a lot of firsts for me and I am enjoying it.  She’s far from perfect, but each time we put something on the bench, I’d like to think we make them better than the last one!  I managed to split the right wing join a bit when installing the folded wings.  2 steps forward, 1 step back, the story of all my models.  The repair is underway, but I’m afraid this build will continue on just a bit longer than planned.  

Thanks again for checking in!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
7 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Hahahahaha- dude you made my night!  You are a tremendous modeler, so thanks for the kind words 👍🏻 

This has been a fun project- a lot of firsts for me and I am enjoying it.  She’s far from perfect, but each time we put something on the bench, I’d like to think we make them better than the last one!  I managed to split the right wing join a bit when installing the folded wings.  2 steps forward, 1 step back, the story of all my models.  The repair is underway, but I’m afraid this build will continue on just a bit longer than planned.  

Thanks again for checking in!

Steve

Ahh shucks Steve, you're making me blush. But thank you...

Props (no pun intended..sorta...) you are inspiring me, keep it up!!

Cheers

AFM

On 4/20/2020 at 2:16 PM, Launch said:

Excellent work. Detail work is exceptional. Looking forward to seeing this one completed.

David.

Thank you.  It won’t be long now 😉

Here is a sneak peak

Steve

nt5S4re.jpg

Edited by Falconxlvi

That bird is looking good, love the paint and, the extra detail you put in the wing fold does stand out.

Can´t wait to see more pics of the finished model, thank you for sharing Steve.

Carlos

7 hours ago, cruiz said:

That bird is looking good, love the paint and, the extra detail you put in the wing fold does stand out.

Can´t wait to see more pics of the finished model, thank you for sharing Steve.

Carlos

Hi Carlos, thanks for stopping by!  I hope to have more pics possibly tonight if I can get enough time to rig the antenna.  

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Very, very impressive Corsair.

Thanks 11Bee!  This has definitely made me want to build the 1/32 Tamiya kit in the future- your Corsair is very impressive too!

On 4/28/2020 at 12:24 AM, Falconxlvi said:

Thank you.  It won’t be long now 😉

Here is a sneak peak

Steve

nt5S4re.jpg

HOT DAMN! She's a real beauty. I need to use your build as a template for my hope for build of Hammy Grey's F4U-1D  using the Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D.  😉

I say "hope for" because currently no company makes decals/masks for his Corsair in 1/32 scale.

Edited by Launch
5 hours ago, Launch said:

HOT DAMN! She's a real beauty. I need to use you build as a template for my hope for build of Hammy Grey's F4U-1D  using the Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D.  😉

I say "hope for" because currently no company makes decals/masks for his Corsair in 1/32 scale.

Thanks Launch!  Jump in and go for it - no one made markings for the Boeing Museum FG-1D I modeled either, but you can do it!  Get those FAA decals and some ID number masks for the 115 and you’ll be off to the races!

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

Damn that is outstanding! I really love the detail painting you've done, especially in the cockpit. It's evident that you've put a lot of time into highlighting a lot of things with very subtle painting/washes/drybrushing, fantastic work! 👊

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The Underdog said:

Steve,

Wonderful job you were able to accomplish with this kit. Solid results of doing it right,

in so many different ways!

Thank you Underdog!  There were a lot of “firsts” for me in this one a namely all the wiring work in the engine and wing folds.  I feel like I gain some valuable scratch-building experience on this build for the future.   

Steve

On 4/29/2020 at 11:37 PM, Captain Mark said:

Damn that is outstanding! I really love the detail painting you've done, especially in the cockpit. It's evident that you've put a lot of time into highlighting a lot of things with very subtle painting/washes/drybrushing, fantastic work! 👊

Thanks!  The cockpit decal combined with the Eduard placards really livens it up.   I’m glad you noticed the highlights and wash work too!  It paid off in the end 👊🏻