ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Falconxlvi

1/48 Tamiya F4U-1D with extras

If it isn’t too late, you can make your own MLG spring by wrapping one piece of fine wire around another piece of wire or plastic strip. Might take a couple of attempts to get it to look right but it does add to the appearance. 

Bryan

1 hour ago, Close Enough said:

If it isn’t too late, you can make your own MLG spring by wrapping one piece of fine wire around another piece of wire or plastic strip. Might take a couple of attempts to get it to look right but it does add to the appearance. 

Bryan

That’s an awesome idea- I did start painting it up, so I will put that in the bag of trick for next time!

Steve

Update 8/7

I finished painting up the main landing gear.  The overall shade is Mission Models Duraluminum with details picked out in testers Chrome Silver and various Vallejo metallic shades. The tie downs were painted red and the brake lines off black.  

2AxGxBy.jpg

IQo71Uy.jpg

zJBA83Y.jpg

The wheels were painted a brighter shade - Game Color Chainmail Silver- to add some contrast.  These might be too bright but we will see after a wash.  

RGjBt1d.jpg

Happy hump day!

Steve

7 hours ago, CaptainObvious said:

Awesome work on the landing gear Steve!
The extra detail sure does look good.
-co

Thanks Captain 👍🏻

Wonderful gear legs and your bays are great!

Another idea for the springs on the legs is guitar string.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, Ikon said:

Wonderful gear legs and your bays are great!

Another idea for the springs on the legs is guitar string.

Thanks!  I will keep that in mind next time for sure. 

8 hours ago, EagleAviation said:

Superb work on the landing gear. Are you going to add rivets to the fuselage and wings? 

I wasn’t planning on it at this point, however, I am adding AK Lenses and Master 50 cal barrels to the wings and I will try to replicate the plumbing in the wing fold- I purchased some TopStudio resin hose connectors for this purpose.  

Also, right now the Corsair is on the back burner as I am very deep into my Eduard P-51D build- it’s a fantastic kit!

Steve

Great Steve! The Eduard's Mustang is a top notch I will be starting that soon as well. Keep up the good work