Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
kike

Kitty Hawk AH-1Z "Viper" 1/48

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sarathi S. said:

 

303 are... special.  Oh so special.

 

Teaching baby zero’s cannot be easy. Kinda like teaching middle schoolers. All awkward and gangly, with a little bit of knowledge thinking they know everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about adding some kind of padding to the seats, bu t I had to face the fact that I suck at adding stuff to my models, so I took a different road and IMHO it worked pretty good, you be the judges

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 20.13.46

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 20.13.47

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 20.13.47(1)

 

So all I did was, painted the seats Gloss Black with a "thik" layer, and left it to dry for about a half hour, then I pressed a Jeans label against it and voila!

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-22 at 18.19.44

 

I had to do it twice cause after an hour the impression began to fade away, I guess the paint self levels it self, but pressed it again and the result is there, What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great idea. Works for me. Fade top seat  and bottom front  seat a bit to give a some depth if u want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

What a great idea. Works for me. Fade top seat  and bottom front  seat a bit to give a some depth if u want.

I will give it a try for sure! even thoug I'm scared of ruining it lol!

 

Thnx for watching!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kike said:

I will give it a try for sure! even thoug I'm scared of ruining it lol!

 

Thnx for watching!

No pain no gain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rotorman said:

No pain no gain. 

Unfortunatly the build is moving faster than this thread so the Viper is a bit ahead and the green house is already closed, didn't dare un-building it to do what you said, but I'll give it a try on next seat for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW if you go for a modular build as I did, you won't have to worry about fitting, I just had to trim a little bit of the lip and the placement was really smooth and it looks really good! no filler was used, here a dry fit pic

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-08 at 17.06.51

 

Then I moved to the gloss layer and wash, I know is a bit "harsh" but as I mentioned before, I need some dirt on my models so...

 

IMG_2411

 

IMG_2389

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW the inside of the air intakes is gonna be painted further ahead...or I'll try to put a cover, cause there are a couple of sink marks and a seam that is almost imposible to cure, keep that in mind, cause it is visible from the outside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saving this as a guide for future Zulu builds. Great work Kike!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Saving this as a guide for future Zulu builds. Great work Kike!

Great! I take more pics than I show, so if you ever need something that is not posted, chances are I have it documented, and don't hesitate to give me a holler!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, thats looking so nice. U got my vote Mister. Beautiful

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rotorman said:

Jesus, thats looking so nice. U got my vote Mister. Beautiful

 

Thank you sir! appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since my painting technique is 40% technique and more than 60% luck, lol, I was affraid of not beeing able to continue with the same pattern and maybe a difference would be visible but I don't think so! or maybe I just don't want to see it hehe

 

IMG_2401

 

IMG_2402

 

It's always been really hard for me to paint black parts and give them a faded look, for some reasson it just doesn't happen, This time it wasn't so bad tho

 

IMG_2406

 

And finally I got to decals! they are a bit on the thick side but Micro set and Micro sol did the job well!

IMG_2466

 

And I guess/hope it is starting to look like a Viper!

 

IMG_2398

 

IMG_2397

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your build is looking like a very nice Viper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some "fancy" shots!

 

IMG_2515

 

IMG_2510

 

IMG_2518

 

IMG_2513

 

IMG_2516

 

Apologies for the dusty surface! and until these pics I didn't notice a mould mark right behind the gun housing! I'll have to live with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lighting is showing a lot of shadows (I'm viewing on my phone thought) so I can't really tell but is it tail sitting right now Kike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the build Kike. The weathering really makes the scheme even pop out.

 

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Whiskey said:

The lighting is showing a lot of shadows (I'm viewing on my phone thought) so I can't really tell but is it tail sitting right now Kike?

 

No tail sitting problems! but I have to say that I paniqued a bit when first stood on the skids it did sit back! until the rotor was positioned in its place, no seats, no wings, no canopy installed but it went back, even with the extra weight, so the line there is very fuzzy.

It stands like this!

 

IMG_2507

 

Edited by kike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, speedlimit said:

I really like the build Kike. The weathering really makes the scheme even pop out.

 

Eric

 

I agree with you! after the wash it was different! in a nice way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looks great. My friends and I helped get the references for the decals, and I am glad to see that scheme used. 

 

Aaron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Really looks great. My friends and I helped get the references for the decals, and I am glad to see that scheme used. 

 

Aaron 

 

Ohh I wish I knew a couple of months ago!!! it's been so hard to find references online! and since I'm not familiar with helos it's been even harder! I hope I was able to make something worth your effort! in any case it's a very nice scheme!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortunately, all of the reference photos I had of that helo were on an external hard drive that died on me, and are now lost forever. You are doing a great job on it with the references you have. Keep it up! 

 

Aaron 

 

ps. Here's a couple of shots of it on airfighters. 

 

https://www.airfighters.com/photosearch.php?reg=168800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 4:29 AM, kike said:

I was thinking about adding some kind of padding to the seats, bu t I had to face the fact that I suck at adding stuff to my models, so I took a different road and IMHO it worked pretty good, you be the judges

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 20.13.46

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 20.13.47

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 20.13.47(1)

 

So all I did was, painted the seats Gloss Black with a "thik" layer, and left it to dry for about a half hour, then I pressed a Jeans label against it and voila!

 

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-22 at 18.19.44

 

I had to do it twice cause after an hour the impression began to fade away, I guess the paint self levels it self, but pressed it again and the result is there, What do you guys think?

Looks really good. What are the seat belts you used? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DanW said:

Looks really good. What are the seat belts you used?

The ones provided in the kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...