Just saw WGN is airing the J*A*G series all day starting with episode 1 at 8AM CDT, If your unfamiliar despite being a show about The JAG corps it has a good bit of F-14 scenes, the lead is a former F-14 navy pilot turned lawyer, and in general a pretty good show.

13 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

H&I shows eight hours of J*A*G back-to-back every Wednesday.

Nice. I wish I had those extras. I remember a few years back 'MEtv" was airing  Combat. I was so chaffed I could not watch. Where I'm at I'd need to get an outdoor antenna with a 75-80 mile reach.  I'm missing out and worse I'm wasting money on DirecTv's crappy channel line up. I think i watch stuff on maybe 15 channels. Only reason I stay with them for the moment is I called in and negotiated a HIGHLY discounted price! My bill went from 178.00 to 88.00 a month.  Even with that DirecTv still sucks!

18 hours ago, viper730 said:

Only reason I stay with them for the moment is I called in and negotiated a HIGHLY discounted price! My bill went from 178.00 to 88.00 a month.  Even with that DirecTv still sucks!

How the heck did you manage that?!  Any pointers would be appreciated so I can so the same with my bloated Directv bill!

-Derek

6 hours ago, viking73 said:

How the heck did you manage that?!  Any pointers would be appreciated so I can so the same with my bloated Directv bill!

-Derek

I've been with them for quite sometime. If you threaten to switch to another service they start dropping the price. You need to get to the representative in the customer retention  department then start negotiating to get a price your satisfied with. In all the years I've been doing it this is the largest discount Ive ever received. I had my bill down to 121.00 on the previous negotiation and I forgot to call in and it jumped to regular price. believe me the same day I was on the phone. All I told them was if the want to keep me you need to get the price lower than the 121.00  I was paying and I want to keep the same channels. They always try to switch you to a lesser pkg. don't go for that. I haev a mid level pkg with the only add on is the HD pkg with Smithsonian channel HD Movies, Sony Movies etc... The key is keep threatening to drop them. Also in my favor I caught them at a good time. One of those subscription reports had just come out where they had lost in the neighborhood of 1mil subscribers so I'm sure they were under pressure to keep current people on board....