Our current government buggers up the Hornet replacement , again. Sunny boy watches Top Gun on the campaign bus and thinks, "Those look cool!" Asks his good buddy (for the moment) about leasing a couple fighters. Well........Someone mentioned a couple Tomcats out in someones backyard that somehow got by the scrappers. Voila, Tomcats for Canada.

Ztz0nuK.jpg

As this is a "parts" kit I am going to hope for the best. Might be adding a couple things as the build goes on. Such as environmentally Sunny ways engines.

Cool!

Don't forget, youse almost got Iran's F-14's in 1979. The exfiltration of the US Embassy personnel hiding in the Ambassador Taylor's residence killed the deal...

Right, cockpit is 90% done.

Some back story. In our current sunny-ways government the military is not a priority unless of course it earns some sunny person a seat on the UN council. Also, nothing is done in Canada unless it helps women, and the environment. So the environment minister got stuck watching a guy movie called Top Gun. She rather fancied Tom Cruise from back in 1986. Mostly due to his height using fewer natural resources then a person of say......normal height. You know, less material for clothes , food and such.

Anywho, we needed to replace our Hornets, so why not buy something even older from a movie she liked. But of course she did not like the part when  Goose got whacked in the head and died. So the Canadian Tomcat would be better served by NOT putting Gooses (Geese?) in the back seat. So only one ejection seat, taken of course from a retired Hornet.

ysqgOJm.jpg

So, to "Justinfy" the airframe and make it greener, we all ready mentioned the removal of the rear seat. It was replaced with a green bin. But not just any green bin. It is used to collect taxes,  whoops. Make that a consumer adjustment. When it goes to an airshow every Canadian has to drop in a looney. Every time a technician works on the plane, a looney. Any time a pilot takes it up, several toonies. Needless to say the techs do not feel like paying more tax...errrr....service fees so the airframe does not get all the love it could use.

KwVgoQd.jpg

Notice the landing gear doors are at an inward slant. That is to fit a future part which will help green the airframe.

Here is where the green "what-if" happens. Because the environment minister gets a say in everything we had to use bio fuel made from kittens tears and unicorn farts. But the big US Navy engines wanted no part of that. So they ripped engines off our retired Challenger executive jets. Made them green and slapped them on the Tomcat.

bXszNm4.jpg

acgALoK.jpg

6 hours ago, southwestforests said:

(the actual realities which have inspired what we'll term 'editorial modeling' may be no laughing matter

I know. If your Canadian you know how close to the truth my idea is.

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

I know. If your Canadian you know how close to the truth my idea is.

I don't know how close, but do seem to have at least a moderate awareness of the trending vector.

And, as it happens, I'm not Canadian but keep getting connected with transplanted Canadians.