CD72088 - 1/72 SR-71 / YF-12 Blackbird

The 1/72 versions of the SR-71 sheets will be available in mid-August, after I come back from vacation. They are directly scaled down from the 1/48 sheets, with a couple differences:  all the stencils used for both sheets are on a single sheet, which will also be available separately (only 200 pcs though). And the late USAF / NASA SR-71 sheet has markings for the LASRE aerospike.

cd72088.jpg  cd72089.jpg

Edited by KursadA

How many aircraft do I get out of one "stencil sheet"? Only one, two (early / late), or even more?

It would be a shame to let all those individual markings go to waste. So if I'd like to build, say, four SR's, how many stencil sheets would I have to get?

37 minutes ago, TomTheCat said:

How many aircraft do I get out of one "stencil sheet"? Only one, two (early / late), or even more?

It would be a shame to let all those individual markings go to waste. So if I'd like to build, say, four SR's, how many stencil sheets would I have to get?

There is one set of walkways, one set of national insignia (late period SR-71s did not have national insignia except one option on the sheet) and one full set each of early/late markings on the stencil sheet. 

• 1 month later...

I still have not made up my mind about the stencilling sheets - they cost more than I expected and I need to figure out an appropriate price point. I have the decals (only 200 of them) , but will not sell them separately just yet. But when I do, it is highly likely that they will be only available directly from me.

I will update the thread as soon as things are more clear.

Edited by KursadA

How about offering 200 “combo” sets of your YF/SR sheets with double stencil sheets for an appropriately higher price?  People who want to buy the extra  stencil sheet will presumably buy the regular/full YF/SR sheet anyway, (I know I would) and you wouldn’t  have to incur the expenses of printing extra instruction sheets or bag/package/ship the seperate stencils sheets...

just spit ballin’ here...

4 hours ago, dylan said:

I am unclear on this. does this mean that the SR-71 sheets will not come with the stencil sheets? or does it mean that you have 200 extra

The SR-71 sets are complete and every single one of them comes with a stencil sheet as clearly shown on the Web pages for these items.

I have an extra 200 stencilling sheets that I intended to sell separately. I hope this clarifies it.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:50 PM, KursadA said:

I think I will go with habu2's idea - I should have the product pages up sometime this weekend. 

I’ve been holding off placing my order for these sheets until the extra stencil sheet option is available. Are you still planning to offer this option?

32 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I’ve been holding off placing my order for these sheets until the extra stencil sheet option is available. Are you still planning to offer this option?

Yes - just swamped with some design deadlines. It will happen in a couple of days.

I just added PayPal buttons for CD72088X and CD72089X,  which will include 2 stencil sheets along with the main markings sheet. Sorry about the wait - things have been very hectic over the last few weeks. 

CD72088X and CD72089X are limited to 100 copies each, and will only be available direct from the Caracal web site. Thanks!