ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
KursadA

CD72088 - 1/72 SR-71 / YF-12 Blackbird

Posted (edited)

The 1/72 versions of the SR-71 sheets will be available in mid-August, after I come back from vacation. They are directly scaled down from the 1/48 sheets, with a couple differences:  all the stencils used for both sheets are on a single sheet, which will also be available separately (only 200 pcs though). And the late USAF / NASA SR-71 sheet has markings for the LASRE aerospike.

cd72088.jpg  cd72089.jpg

Edited by KursadA

I will post the images of the common stencilling sheet tonight.

How many aircraft do I get out of one "stencil sheet"? Only one, two (early / late), or even more?

It would be a shame to let all those individual markings go to waste. So if I'd like to build, say, four SR's, how many stencil sheets would I have to get?

37 minutes ago, TomTheCat said:

How many aircraft do I get out of one "stencil sheet"? Only one, two (early / late), or even more?

It would be a shame to let all those individual markings go to waste. So if I'd like to build, say, four SR's, how many stencil sheets would I have to get?

There is one set of walkways, one set of national insignia (late period SR-71s did not have national insignia except one option on the sheet) and one full set each of early/late markings on the stencil sheet.