New Pod for F-15E's

Looks like the F-15E has a new sensor pod that they are starting to deploy with.   Would be pretty cool to see this in resin, along with the new SDB II minature smart bombs that the Strike Eagle will be using soon (or possibly already, per the linked article).

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28924/nearly-all-f-15es-photographed-arriving-in-middle-east-carried-dragons-eye-radar-pods

The Dragon's Eye pod sounds awesome. Good article.

picknpluck, I recently did just that with the old Revell offering and used Caracal's new decals which are very nice. Wish I would have had the new pod

but used a Sniper pod I had.

DSCF0002.jpg

1 hour ago, airmechaja said:

picknpluck, I recently did just that with the old Revell offering and used Caracal's new decals which are very nice. Wish I would have had the new pod

DSCF0002.jpg

I've read the Revell kit is only correct for a DS-era mud hen out of the box. Did you add aftermarket parts to yours to bring it up to modern specs? If so, what parts did you use? I know jack and squat about mud hens.

2 hours ago, airmechaja said:

the old Revell offering

I remember when people were complaining about the kit being constantly delayed and that it was never going to come out and how much they desperately wanted it.

Sigh.

Time flies.

7 hours ago, airmechaja said:

DSCF0002.jpg

Your Strike Eagle looks great! Can you share a few photos over at my forum in this sheet's thread?

22 hours ago, airmechaja said:

Hi,

It's not too late. I believe the aircraft in the photo at the top of the article has the Sniper pod in its usual location (like on your model) and the Dragon's Eye pod on the centerline pylon.

So, when it becomes available, you could add it to the centerline.

Cheers, Stefan.