I noticed this tendency for Future/Clear to yellow over time. I figured exposure to light may be the culprit so I wrapped aluminum foil around the jar of it that I use to dip canopies. Prevents almost all light from getting to it and so far after a couple of years it has not yellowed, where the stuff left in the bottle has.

1 hour ago, cag_200 said:

I keep my Klear in a leaden box, free from X-rays en neutrino's.

Plus, if Superman comes around looking for your Klear, he won't be able to find it! :evil-laughter:

When I used to use it as a gloss coat before decals and pin washes, yes. Airbrushed it straight out of the bottle. I only use it to dip canopies now and I use other products that I feel perform better for the clear coat. I have heard of people brushing Klear on models for a gloss coat. It is self leveling, so if brush strokes are kept to a minimum it would probably work OK.

My 9 year old bottle has taken on that yellow tinge too that I noticed even 5 years back.   I still use it anyway and haven't noticed any yellowing on the model so far.   I used to just dip canopies in it but recently tried handbrushing it on for decalwork.  It does have a tendency to pool and sag if you load your brush too much -- you might have to wick it away or remove it completely with Windex when it dries and start over.   I do long strokes in thin coats using a flat brush, slightly overlapping with each stroke, going slowly to prevent air bubbles (I also try not to shake the bottle/agitate the liquid to prevent this).  It self-levels nicely.  After 10-15 minutes I do another coat to get more gloss.   It doesn't lift the earlier coats at all.  

4 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Dipping makes canopies clearer and shinier and they somehow appear thinner too, strangely.  

Dipping also protects the canopy from scratches, repels dust, and prevents fogging from CA glue. It is generally a good idea to dip all your clear parts in Future/Klear. An additional bonus is, if you walk on it, it will not leave scuff marks from your shoes. I cannot guarantee the condition of the rest of your model if you take part in this practice, however.