Reinforcing MPC's 1/200 Gemini Titan 2 nozzles

Have for several years (a decade?) had several sets of MPC's 1/200 scale Man in Space rocket set, built 1 each Saturn I and Saturn V, but have only primed them,  & it is only the last couple days that I've started 1 each of the other rockets.

Could see immediately upon looking through the 1st kit after purchasing it that the Gemini Titan 2's rocket nozzles would require some kind of reinforcing to last beyond being hit by devastating force of a gnat's hiccup.

Figured out long ago how to do it, just now got around to doing it. (A delay involving my health as much as anything else, such as Modeler's ADD)

That how would be via the drill bits involved in attaching grab irons and handrails to model trains, some sewing pins, and a spot of super glue.

So, see the following photos from this evening.

Might eventually add some bits of plastic to suggest a bit more of the plumbing on the real thing, but for now, this is done and I am satisfied with it.

48269181627_d3dd2dd8cb_z.jpg

48269104651_c6a95cfb5a_z.jpg

48269181437_bcbcf17a80_z.jpg

48269181362_10695c1815_z.jpg

48269181822_105886076e_z.jpg

I've got that set that I won for a Group Build here on ARC, 9 or 10 years ago.

I shall be referring to this suggestion when I get around to it. ( ... now, don't give me a Round Tuit ... okay? I already have a few!  )  :whistle:

Thanx SWForests!

Pete