Who made these 1/48 F-14 decals?

Fightertown sent out a correction to their F-14 A/B/D Data and Weapons sheet. I think the ones with the sheet weren't transparent. It is just for the front panel of the windscreen which is tinted green.

These are the inserts for Fightertown Decals 48087 TAMIYA F-14 data and weapons set. They original sheet had solid printed windscreens by accident. I added clear cockpit screens, and metallic green lights and placards, accurately sized AIM-9 pieces (printer pulled the small ones from the previous Hasegawa sized sheet) and clear green HUD display.

thanks

brian

13 hours ago, Mstor said:

Fightertown sent out a correction to their F-14 A/B/D Data and Weapons sheet. I think the ones with the sheet weren't transparent. It is just for the front panel of the windscreen which is tinted green.

It’s not tinted green, the real thing was clear ballistic glass, which when viewed from certain angles, in certain lighting, had a very light greenish tint.   Very hard to replicate realistically.  

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

It’s not tinted green, the real thing was clear ballistic glass, which when viewed from certain angles, in certain lighting, had a very light greenish tint.   Very hard to replicate realistically.  

I stand corrected sir :thumbsup:

Whatever the reason, it looks like its tinted green in all the photos I've seen. Even from directly behind the glass looking out. So, green tint is good enough for me.

While that’s true of the real thing, clear blue/green Transparent printed was the closest possible color. Yes, the look is darker but printing the correct lightness of transparency isn’t possible with current technology... still, I thought it was a cool decal to provide and we did it first back on 48082 for the Hasegawa Tomcat sheet. I know Furball made clear vinyl windscreen pieces and those are cool too. Alclad makes an Armored Glass. My personal favorite method is 2 drops clear blue, 1drop clear green and 90% clear. Nice to have options. 

And we sent them out out to all customers that ordered the sheets, and the distributors. 

Brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals