Mirage 2000 by Modelsvit

There is not much to add to this news from Modelsvit page:

Dear Fellows,
Following your requests, We're glad to announce that designing process of Mirage 2000 (1/72 scale) is under way...

The news is excellent and judging by the Mirage III kit this one should be just as good!

Thank you Modelsvit!

Best regards

Gabor

5 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Woohooooooo! :worship: 😍  :woot.gif:

Fantastic news!

Yes it is!

And they are re doing the Mirage III kit again as well as the two seater B version. The rework should have no rivets and the break-down of the wing should be different.

Have to add that I liked both the rivets and the wing with top and bottom parts joint so to say “away” from panel lines where one has the chance to fill it properly and make it disappear completely without destroying all the fine details, rivet near by.

Where is the joint line over panel line version requires filling, sanding and re-scribing to restore details if there is a slight misalignment due to this or that reason.

I prefer the original version (rivets and so to say “out of line joint”), but now everyone will have a chance of choosing this or that version with the new kit. From the stand point of Modelsvit it is a win-win situation where they can satisfy both camps and sell kits at the same time! :)))

Best regards

Gabor

On 7/16/2019 at 4:21 AM, ya-gabor said:

.... The rework should have no rivets and the break-down of the wing should be different.

...Have to add that I liked both the rivets and the wing with top and bottom parts joint ...

....I prefer the original version (rivets and so to say “out of line joint”),

Yes, I too like the original version. The rivets were actually very finely done (unlike some of the Trumpeter man-holes). I was hoping that they'd do a Mirage IIIC with same type of rivets because I quite like those bare-metal shiny Mirages with the rivets showing.  But alas, it seems too many people complained and Modelsvit has decided to do away with the rivets.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:58 PM, JackMan said:

I was hoping that they'd do a Mirage IIIC with same type of rivets ... .

I was hoping for a Mirage IIIC ... with or without rivets. Wonder if the Special Hobby "series" will ever materialize?

Gene K

Edited by GeneK

I don’t think most of those who complained about the rivets have actually seen the kit, held it in hand. Here it is, have a look.

I for one usually don’t like rivets on 72nd scale kits, but for a natural metal one it is essential since the contrast was so great and the rivets were very much visible! Same goes for early MiG’s and almost every natural metal plane from the 50's & 60's.

I don’t agree to ones who add all the rivets no matter what and destroy several riveters on building a single kit, any scale and full camo on it.

In the case of this Mirage III believe Modelsvit was right in adding them and shown 100% craftsmanship in producing the kit tools! Have a look at the photos.

To illustrate my point (and I think this was the idea originally at Modelsvit behind positioning the joint lines on the wings) here are few close up photos of the Mirage III kit from Modelsvit in 72nd scale. The joint line is out of harm’s way to make filing easy with the absolutely minimal chance of destroying the surrounding details. This is only dry test fit of the wing panels so there is a slight misalignment of lines.

Small side note. Zvezda designer did the same on several kits and it was much easier to get rid of the joint line this way!

You only have a slight problem with this solution if fitting the flaps in the down position. Makes the surgery part of it a little more difficult since the underside is in 2 pieces, but nothing that one could not manage.

raI8tLk.jpg

Both panel lines and rivets are clean, consistent, straight and perfectly executed engraved items. As they should be on a kit in 2019.

Z7f1lA4.jpg

i3co78g.jpg

I like the beautifully made overlapping panels which are normally represented by a simple engraved panel line on other kits.

jAxJdX7.jpg

Speaking of fine details, this is the area in the back of the cockpit with microscopic details on it. Remember this kit is 72nd scale!

QU4mw11.jpg

Of course I will have to build that miniture Martin-Baker seat for test. :)))  It also looks fantastic!

Bring on that Mirage 2000!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Hi JackMan, ViperZero, Mstor,

I would say they put an impressive amount of detail into a very small kit. Love it! This was the reason why I bought it. Not a cheap kit but certainly worth it. Just as the MiG-21F-13 or the previous 21F kit. They are improving with every new kit. Worth watching them.

About 32nd scale I don’t know, but at the Moson show in April they did have sprues for the brand new early Bf 109 in 48th scale and it had some really nice ideas in it too! So you never know which direction they will go with time.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • 7 months later...

They did promise last year.

So here is a bit of up-date : )   : )  : )

From Modelsvit fakebook

https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/?ref=py_c

Hello friends,
Glad to announce that 3D design of Mirage 2000C/EG/5F has been accomplished. The 1/72 kit shall come with 2 canopies (open/closed), Multi-detailed PE , painting masks, 1300L external fuel tank (under the fuselage), 2 x 2000L underwing fuel tanks, pair of Matra Super 530 and Matra R550 Magic missiles. Flaps could be adjusted in 2 different positions.
Bellow shall find few 3D renders of forthcoming kit, hope you’ll like them!

YnYv1zw.jpg

BCnlI2G.jpg

QohOeli.jpg

Sbl9pLv.jpg

0ufipco.jpg

idvpza5.jpg

06m3hME.jpg

q0XX0lU.jpg

648kxm0.jpg

JhBsm7c.jpg

Best regards

Gabor