1/72 AMK Kfir kits?

1 hour ago, Helmsman said:

Still available on Amazon, but quite expensive for such a small kit.

Yeah I saw that as well, but considering I paid around the neighborhood of $15 when it came out I figures I could wait. Not like I'm sitting around with no kits to build.Ā Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Johnopfor said:

Yeah, but the website is in Chinese, with no translations, and I doubt that they ship to the US

Ā 

hi John, try using this agent called ezbuy.com.

You can stick the URL onto their website, and they'll buy and ship on your behalf.

Hi John, you'll need to register your account at www.ezbuy.com.

Once that is done, paste the URL of the specific item you wish to buy from www.taobao.com at www.ezbuy.com

You can consolidate orders from multiple vendors, and have them shipped once they've arrived at the ezbuy.com warehouse to save on freight costs.

30 minutes ago, bartkoh said:

Hi John, you'll need to register your account at www.ezbuy.com.

Once that is done, paste the URL of the specific item you wish to buy from www.taobao.com at www.ezbuy.com

You can consolidate orders from multiple vendors, and have them shipped once they've arrived at the ezbuy.com warehouse to save on freight costs.

Ā 

I tried this and all I got after registering and then pasting the url into their search feature was a product not found message.

16 hours ago, bartkoh said:

On www.taobao.com, this vendor has over 9000 pieces available
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.13.606b4763G71zo3&id=553585718263&ns=1&abbucket=5#detail

Ā 

Ā 

WOW -- itĀ would be great if someone can figure out how to get them. HOWEVER,Ā  the note "pieces(stockĀ 2Ā pieces)"Ā Ā Ā seems to me they only have 2, not 9000.

Ā 

Gene K

4 hours ago, GeneK said:

WOW -- itĀ would be great if someone can figure out how to get them. HOWEVER,Ā  the note "pieces(stockĀ 2Ā pieces)"Ā Ā Ā seems to me they only have 2, not 9000.

Ā 

Gene K

Ā 

You're right. Loaded the page in Chrome and translated.Ā  "2 pieces" is all they have.

58 minutes ago, bartkoh said:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.88.1f5b33c4wPAbFE&id=553585718263&ns=1&abbucket=16#detail

Ā 

Give the browser and few more seconds, mine shows over 9000 pieces after displaying 2...i had no problem selecting 10 or more pieces

Ā 

Maybe it is because you are logged in? Or maybe because you are in Singapore. I noticed that no matter what item I select, it lists only 2 pieces and it doesn't change no matter how long I wait. Sure would be nice if they had an English version of the site, but I have the feeling they don't want to deal with shipping to the USA or EU and UK. Else, why cut off such a potentially large market.

7 hours ago, bartkoh said:

I feel your pain guys...one suggestion is to use google translate...but language is definitely a barrier

Ā 

I've found that Google translate often interferes with a page's scripts and other code that allows them to function, i.e. buttons don't work or text entry fields don't function correctly. I think at least one ambitious person has used Google translate to read the page in one browser window while doing the actual "buying" in another, untranslated browser. :whistle:

Hannants got an shipment of them in about a month ago, but it sold out in a few days. I missed out on them, andĀ I didn't get one the first time around either.

Ā 

Hoops

• 1 year later...

I genuinely hope AMK reissues this kit. I bought one back when it was first released and thoroughly enjoyed the build. I'd happily build another given the chance.

Ā 

Better still, I hope AMK scales down some of their 1/48th kits and releases them as 1/72nd kits. šŸ‘

• 1 year later...

They are well worth the time and effort put into the search.Ā  About a year ago I was successful after some number of months having searched a variety of sites several times a week.Ā  Good luck, the kit is well worth the effort.

Ā 

Michael A.