P-38 - Does anyone agree we need a NEW one?

The Tamiya kit is really an F/G/H, as you can build all 3 variants out of the box.

That said, if you can source an E canopy that fits, and delete the drop tank mounts cleanly, a reasonable facsimile of an E should be doable from the kit.

7 hours ago, mawz said:

The Tamiya kit is really an F/G/H, as you can build all 3 variants out of the box.

Hi,

Brett Green also initially said it is an F/G/H, but some P-38's experts pointed out to him that it isn't. Brett wrote a correction then with the differences, among them that on the H, the opening for the cannon is larger (like on the J) and the intake scoops on the side of the booms are also longer (again like on the J).

Cheers, Stefan.

I received my white boxed P-38 tonight sent from a friend who attended nationals.  WOW.  What a kit!  I’m looking over the sprues and then instructions and really love what I see.  It should be a great build experience.  Well done Tamiya!  

Now, I have to finish the Eduard Mustang first, then my Corsair, but this will be next!

Steve