Print Scale Super Frelon Decals

Hi All,

Just received a set of 1/72nd Print Decals for the Super Frelon.  They look nice, are fairly thin, and are in register.  They are definitely a subject I have been waiting a long time for.  This is my first time using them and want to know if anybody has any experience with using them?

Thanks,

WARDOG

OK,

I was able to find comments on these decals by doing a Google search which gave me info from this site from 2013!  (Sure dind't turn up in a search here!).

Anyway, I was hoping for a little more current info but "You can't always get what you want!"

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Spelling/spacing errors

Hi Rotorman,

The decals I'm talking about are from Print Scale in Ukraine and they are for line (regular duty) birds.  I will be using the two grays, later scheme and it is for the one and only (in 72nd scale, anyway!), Mach2 kit.

I like the LOOK of the decals but wanted to know more about how they handled and if there were any other problems with them.  I have seen the Mygale decals advertised and while they look pretty good, I prefer to build line birds.

Here is a link to the ones I bought; https://hannants.co.uk/product/PSL72314

Hope this helps,

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Corrections
  • 2 weeks later...

I've used one of their sheets os far. It was for the 1/48 Sea Fury . They had Burmese markings on it and that is what I wanted. I found they were ok but not great. Setting solution did not react too well and I got some silvering even though I used a gloss finish. Accuracy was another matter and some markings were missing for the scheme I was doing. The national markings did not appear to have the right colour or size in my mind and my references. Not sure of the new stuff but that was my experience with this older sheet.