25 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Base on the footage, looks like Tom Cruise is flying in the backseat of a F/A-18F, lolz...😎😎

Does look like that...

The photo above looks like his booster seat needs adjustment. 

At 1:32, my guess that the guy doing the "getting all emotional-pointing & yelling" trope is going to be Goose's son, the resemblance is there.

I absolutely loved the original.  It was the very first movie that I ever played at home, hooked up to the stereo when stereo VCRs were new-fangled, and just played the flight scenes over and over again.  I could post images of the dozens of F-14 kits I have in the stash, the F-14 books in my personal library, me in an F-14D cockpit at an airshow, on, & on, with the point of origin being the summer of 1986.

Buuuut...

Its a hard pass for me.

I got bamboozled hard by the last two Star Wars Trilogy movies, no need for Top Gun to do the same, going to be quite happy with the pleasant memories from my youth and the resulting plastic, paper & resin in the stash.

51 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

fly with Gooses son in a F-18 get shot down and escape ins a stolen tomcat, then fly back in an aurora and bomb Iran

You know, that works!! The full pressure suit explains the Aurora! Hollywood triumphs again!!

10 minutes ago, Hooker169 said:

I’m looking forward to it! Just wondering what the F-14 tease is for at the end of the trailer?

My post from 18 APR:

Francesco Chierici, better known as Paco, the creator and producer of "Speed and Angels"  was on the  22 MAR 19 Fighter Pilot Podcast.  He was talking about his new novel "Lions of the Sky", and was describing a scene from the book where the hero ends up in Iran, steals a F-14, and flies it back to the carrier.  He then goes on to say that he recently found out that something similar happens in Top Gun 2.

What a big pile of S#!+ !!! The biggest part of the trailer is full of CGI, the music tries to resemble the one from the original film and the dialogues, well...

I know a lot of you guys won't agree with my opinion BUT, you can't have a second film called "TOPGUN" for many reasons.

For me, this is another attempt from Hollywood to fill their pockets with a lot of money and as usual revamp an old movie.

Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, SERNAK said:

What a big pile of S#!+ !!! The biggest part of the trailer is full of CGI, the music tries to resemble the one from the original film and the dialogues, well...

I know a lot of you guys won't agree with my opinion BUT, you can't have a second film called "TOPGUN" for many reasons.

For me, this is another attempt from Hollywood to fill their pockets with a lot of money and as usual revamp an old movie.

Just my two cents.

which part?

The cat shot is real, reason why Cruise is on the back seat.

The scene when I take some G is real too, look at his face.

The SH division part may be real, we will see.

And what is the point filming real A/c at Starwars transition, if the movie will be full CGI?

Top_Gun_12_18_18_50.jpg?resize=768,410&s

11 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

helmet with pressure suit locking ring jacket, some kind of prototype jet?  Tomcat in the time of no mo F-14, jennifer connelly looks tasty, can a F-18 loaded with 2000 lb bombs invert flight?

They did it in Pensacola Wings of Gold - while attacking Iraq they flew inverted to avoid radar. 

6 hours ago, Ishthe47guy said:

My post from 18 APR:

Francesco Chierici, better known as Paco, the creator and producer of "Speed and Angels"  was on the  22 MAR 19 Fighter Pilot Podcast.  He was talking about his new novel "Lions of the Sky", and was describing a scene from the book where the hero ends up in Iran, steals a F-14, and flies it back to the carrier.  He then goes on to say that he recently found out that something similar happens in Top Gun 2.

Thanks Ish, that would certainly explain it. Hopefully they can work that that into the plot well enough that it all coalesces but on the surface I have to admit it kinda feels lame.

I watched the trailer yesterday. It put a huge smile on my face and I felt my pulse quicken. You’re damn right I’m seeing this in the theater! Maybe they’ll do a short run of the original in theaters too!

Edited by picknpluck

I am beyond excited.  The trailer brought back at lot of emotions with just the music alone.  Take it for what it is and suspend a little “realism”- it’s a movie after all!  This film ought to inspire a whole new generation of fighter pilots just like the original one captured my imagination and set the vision for my future career.  I can’t wait!

Steve