At least it not Top Gun 2SJW with Maverick as a hijab wearing trans woman, original Charlie returns  as herself, call sign "butch", the Top Gun program gets revamped to be more "inclusive" and they fly a mission against the patriarchy, they are bombing the SHOT show and striking a blow for "girl power" and single moms

19 hours ago, afoxbat said:

Pretty sure Hawkeyes don’t break Mach. 

Sure they can!  Put it in a dive, full throttle; by the time it breaks apart some of the pieces could exceed Mach.

....or did you mean, don't break Mach and SURVIVE...?

:coolio::whistle:

21 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Base on the footage, looks like Tom Cruise is flying in the backseat of a F/A-18F, lolz...😎😎

And yet the question remains. Does the USN really let pilots fly fighters off carrier decks for 35 years?

More comments from the YouTube peanut gallery:

It looks like Maverick's body was able to cash all those checks his ego wrote.

Watched the trailer four hours ago, the symptoms have not yet subsided...I may have to call my doctor!

Edited by Ishthe47guy
added content
9 hours ago, Ishthe47guy said:

It looks like Maverick's body was able to cash all those checks his ego wrote.

I was gonna say his rear end looked too big. 

Oh wait, wrong Tomcat thread....

Just saw an article online that the Japanese and Taiwanese flags were replaced on Tom Cruise's flight jacket (in the scene where he's putting it on), and, sure enough, re-looking at the trailer, that is indeed the case.  I wonder how much involvement there was with this movie with Chinese production companies......

Edit:   This 'nugget' was also in the foxtrotalpha article linked by Whiskey above.

Edited by arg

The plaque he removed the sunglasses from says Test Pilot. Could explain the pressure suit bit. 

You guys continue to tear it apart. I'll sit back and :popcorn: wait for your own movies to be released.