4 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

You guys continue to tear it apart. I'll sit back and :popcorn: wait for your own movies to be released. 

What are you talking about? I've already got a great collection of movies starring me! I just can't show them to anyone else or the wife would kill me......:monkeydance:

On 7/19/2019 at 3:00 AM, shion said:

which part?

The cat shot is real, reason why Cruise is on the back seat.

The scene when I take some G is real too, look at his face.

The SH division part may be real, we will see.

And what is the point filming real A/c at Starwars transition, if the movie will be full CGI?

Top_Gun_12_18_18_50.jpg?resize=768,410&s

I agree. I'm pretty sure ALL of the flight scenes, in the trailer at least, are all practical shots with real F-18's. The F-14 is likely CGI and MAYBE, just maybe the vapes on the formation coming in MIGHT be CGI either to enhance or match an interior shot, but even those may actually be real vapes, I've seen some shots of pretty incredible looking patterns that look too thick to be real but were. So I can't see what he's saying is CG'd.

1 hour ago, arg said:

Just saw an article online that the Japanese and Taiwanese flags were replaced on Tom Cruise's flight jacket (in the scene where he's putting it on), and, sure enough, re-looking at the trailer, that is indeed the case.  I wonder how much involvement there was with this movie with Chinese production companies......

Edit:   This 'nugget' was also in the foxtrotalpha article linked by Whiskey above.

Yup, that foxtrotalpha article has a link that leads to a twitter account where others are talking about the flag change.  Someone there revealed that one of the production companies is china's Tencent Pictures. So it's being funded with chinese money.