New exhausts for 1/48 F-111s

Reskit has released some very nice looking exhaust sets for both the 1/48 Academy and Hobby Boss kits. Both kits are in need in this area, especially the Hobby Boss kit. There have been a number of hard to find aftermarket parts for the Academy kit, but nothing like what ResKit is now offering.

https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=product/search&search=f-111

They also make them for the 1/72 Hasegawa kit.

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Reskit has released some very nice looking exhaust sets for both the 1/48 Academy and Hobby Boss kits. Both kits are in need in this area, especially the Hobby Boss kit.

Bummer, these look even better than the 1/48 G-Factor ones I've already got for mine.

Yep, especially the Hobby Boss Varks, as the afterburner ring lacks one segment in it. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Bummer, these look even better than the 1/48 G-Factor ones I've already got for mine.

Yep, especially the Hobby Boss Varks, as the afterburner ring lacks one segment in it. :rolleyes:

Yea, I've got G-Factor and Scaledown/OzMods parts. These ResKit ones are light years ahead. Am I right in figuring that the A/B/C/D/E exhausts are OK for the FB-111A?

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Am I right in figuring that the A/B/C/D/E exhausts are OK for the FB-111A?

No expert on the Vark, but if I recall correctly, the A/B/C/D/E all use variations of the TF-30 engines (P-3 and P-9 mostly) that delivered around the 12000 lbs of thrust dry, while the F-111F had the P-100/109 which delivered 25100 lbs of thrust dry.

The FB-111A had the P-7 delivering 12500 lbs of thrust. 

Perhaps is this why ResKit makes a different exhaust burner can for just the F-111F?

We should flash the signal for @mrvark on the night sky for a more professional input. 

20 minutes ago, metroman said:

Not seeing a set for the HB -F, or am I  missing something?   I have the ancient Paragon can set meant for the anemic Academy "Let's pretend we're an -F" kit

I don't think Hobby Boss did an F model. ResKit has done an exhaust set for the Academy F-111F.

Really neat exhausts.....only one tiny thing that bothers me, you know  that thing that one engine drives the hydraulics so one can should be open and the other closed, just like on the Tomcat. Same engines...TF30

So we could do with a closed  nozzle too.

16 minutes ago, Aigore said:

Really neat exhausts.....only one tiny thing that bothers me, you know  that thing that one engine drives the hydraulics so one can should be open and the other closed, just like on the Tomcat. Same engines...TF30

From what I saw of them both are open. So it shows a jet with both engines running.

55 minutes ago, jpk said:

I don't know if it applies but Dmold makes a set of 1/48 triple plow II intakes for the Academy F-111 kits.

That's confirmed. The Hobby Boss Vark kit has the same parts layout as the Academy ones so, owing to the deeper main landing gear bay well in the former, there's a little mod to be done in the upper aft corner of the well where the walls meet the inner trunks of the DMold intakes. 

16 minutes ago, Aigore said:

only one tiny thing that bothers me, you know  that thing that one engine drives the hydraulics so one can should be open and the other closed, just like on the Tomcat. Same engines...TF30

Granted, Janne, but you can always put the pilots in the cockpit as per engines warming up. Pilots always give a reference of the size of the kit with relation of the real thing.

23 hours ago, Mstor said:

Reskit has released some very nice looking exhaust sets for both the 1/48 Academy and Hobby Boss kits. Both kits are in need in this area, especially the Hobby Boss kit. There have been a number of hard to find aftermarket parts for the Academy kit, but nothing like what ResKit is now offering.

https://reskit.com.ua/index.php?route=product/search&search=f-111

They also make them for the 1/72 Hasegawa kit.

It's a 3D rendering, not resin parts, here.

Final resin parts can largely differ in quality.

2 hours ago, Aigore said:

Yea, I noticed that too. They should have released a set with one open and one closed.

1 hour ago, Petarvu said:

I dont see F exhaust for HB kit on ResKit site. Strange.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think HB makes an F kit.

39 minutes ago, shion said:

It's a 3D rendering, not resin parts, here.

Final resin parts can largely differ in quality.

The wheel sets I've gotten from they are very well done. If these are the same quality, they should be quite good. Of course, we won't know until someone gets a set and does a review of sorts.

8 minutes ago, Solo said:

I heard all F-111s, expect F, had different engines but the same exhaust nozzles, so I believe those nozzles for F-111 for Hobby Boss are also appropriate fr FB-111A?

Thanks Solo, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure. I found it hard to find good photos of the FB-111 exhausts, but I could find looks essentially the same as the A through E. So, I plan on getting these exhausts when I have some money (always its the money that's an issue) along with their Jaguar exhaust for the KH kit.

40 minutes ago, Solo said:

I asked about it, I am not sure is it true or false.
I found this information here:
http://www.f-111.net/models/exhaust-nozzles/index.htm

Thanks again. I had forgot about F111.net. Those are good photos, if a little small. Looks like the A/B/C/D/E Nozzles are the ones to get for the FB-111A. Now if they would just make a set with an open and closed nozzle as Aigore pointed out and noted on the F111.net site.

Ive never seen all the elements that make up the F-111F.

You can take a D or E kit and turn it into an F if you had the cockpit with the Pavetack hood and the engine nozzles.
There are other differences too of course, like the paint work but the main ones as far as building the kit are the cockpit and exhausts.