I took my Beta cloth Apollo 11 mission patch and American flag patch to work to show everybody on Thursday. Took a picture of the Houston Post newspaper from the landing in 1969 and sent it to my friends.

Such a great achievement  to have witnessed and even better that my dad worked the lunar module engines for Apollo 9, 10 and 11. 

Cheers...Ron

• 1 month later...

Thanx dnl42 ... I listened to this entire mission, in the background while I was doing other stuff, till just after the landing ... what an event! I also listened to the landing quite a few times ... wow!

aircommando130, I had contacted the local newspaper in March about doing an article on the 50th anniversary. But, I had suggested they might be interested in some LIFE magazines I have from the late 1950's, 60's and early 70's on the US Space program. They contacted me in early July and came over with a photographer to do the article ... however, I also brought out a few of my Apollo and LM models and after seeing the models, the writer made the focus of the article on the models and me, the LIFE magazines were secondary. And, the article was on the front page of the paper ... above the fold!   :yahoo:

While it surprised me, it was terrific to be able to add my own take to this 50th commemoration. Combined with meeting Charlie Duke, Apollo 16 astronaut, last October ... I'm a happy guy!

Now, where did those 50 years go ... I'd like a few of them back!

Pete