New look of F-35?

Few days ago 4 F-35A's landed in airbase in Powidz, Poland - here you can see the picture of one of them.
Anybody knows why those bird doesn't have their light gray RAM panels? Those F-35 looks very flat and boring.
Should I throw away my chinese and bulgarian mask sets?

This was discussed many months ago, not new news. There are still many F-35s with the old tape. I kinda like it, makes it visually interesting. I have Galaxy's masking set for the Meng kit that I'll use if I ever get around to the kit. It covers most, if not all, the taped areas.

4 hours ago, shion said:

The same dark grey RAM paint is coming for BlockIII Superhornets too.

Really?  That's going to be an interesting look.  I assume you are talking about the latest RAM paint that is being used on F-16's?   I think SH's will look cool in that dark grey scheme.   Any idea if the Navy will also start painting their current jets with this stuff when they go in for overhauls?   Any online reference for that info?

WRT the look of those new F-35's, just note in most lighting conditions, the RAM still stands out a bit so if the OP is just dying to use those masks, he still can.   Just gotta go easy on adding color to represent those RAM panels.

It was already described, but you can find the info in the last Combat Aircraft.

New dark grey paint to reduce RCS, one of the Block III Superhornet features, with CFT and cie.

2 first A/C will be delivered this year, conversion of old SH begin in 2022.

The plan is one Block III SH squadron by Airwing in 2024.

Edited by shion
56 minutes ago, cag_200 said:

I wonder if the RAM -paint evolves in the future and show us new colors?

Would be great.

I would assume they could make this stuff in any color if the need was there.   

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:49 AM, airmechaja said:

So now they look like a F-15E. What looks so bad? 

Build an earlier F-35 before the change.

Well, I wish to build Polish Air Forces F-35A someday, but I am afraid we will get those ugly, one-coloured birds…

I do believe those ones with light gray RAMs have looked much, much better.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:09 AM, shion said:

The same dark grey RAM paint is coming for BlockIII Superhornets too.

Something has me wondering what its utility on an E-2D Advanced Hawkeye would be.
Wonder what kind of RAM technology there is for propellor blades.

1 hour ago, southwestforests said:

Something has me wondering what its utility on an E-2D Advanced Hawkeye would be.
Wonder what kind of RAM technology there is for propellor blades.

Hawkeye is a a big a/c with a giant radar radome.

And worse,  radar emits like crazy.

So there's no point to put RAM on it.

4 hours ago, Solo said:

I do believe those ones with light gray RAMs have looked much, much better.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite.

To me, they always looked unfinished and pulled out of the paint shop with masking still left on before!

-Gregg

On 7/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, Solo said:

Few days ago 4 F-35A's landed in airbase in Powidz, Poland - here you can see the picture of one of them.
Anybody knows why those bird doesn't have their light gray RAM panels? Those F-35 looks very flat and boring.
Should I throw away my chinese and bulgarian mask sets?

Take heart, the color match is not perfect and in the right light you can still see the tape patterns.  I just saw an F-35 at AirVenture and the tape appears, and disappears as you look at it from different angles or if light changes.

19 hours ago, Tom Glowacki said:

Take heart, the color match is not perfect and in the right light you can still see the tape patterns.  I just saw an F-35 at AirVenture and the tape appears, and disappears as you look at it from different angles or if light changes.

I was up there on Friday. No F-35's available during my time and I missed the Demo if they did one. I did see the A-10C and F-22 Demos though. Did you see the F-35C that was supposed to arrive Friday?

34 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Absolutely! I have a couple of Buds in the unit!

You live in Wisconsin and you have "a couple of Buds in the unit"?  Tell me you have a problem with garden slugs and use it on them, but you do drink real beer!😉

Edited by Tom Glowacki