ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1/32 - Douglas A-26B & C Invader family by HobbyBoss - A-26B released

Outstanding! Long overdue.  I'm in for 2 right off the bat!

Edited by Sabre
Wrong thread....sorry.

On display at the 59th All Japan Model and Hobby Show 2019

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/posts/1347692328722690

Barely readable on the box top behind the test model: ref. 83213 - Douglas A-26C Invader ?

Reference number 83213 is in sequence with the other HB aircraft 1/32nd kits. 

71176058-1347692168722706-43140448835988

71176058-1347692168722706-43140448835988

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

Seems to be concerns that the front of the cowlings are tapered too much.  In looking at pics of the real thing, this might be an issue.   

Hope HB will address it before releasing the kit. 

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

LOL!  Almost fell out my chair!

One can always hope for the best, right?    

I’m not an A-26 expert  but those nacelles do seem to be overly tapered.   Hope I’m wrong because I’m really looking forward to this kit. 

One can always hope for the best, right?    

I’m not an A-26 expert  but those nacelles do seem to be overly tapered.   Hope I’m wrong because I’m really looking forward to this kit. 

They look alright to my eyes. If anything they look Skittle too strait

Glt

Can someone point out the issue with the nacelles? Apparently they are tapered too much but I can't see it.... and yes I have my glasses on...LOL!

Happy modeling all!

Can someone point out the issue with the nacelles? Apparently they are tapered too much but I can't see it.... and yes I have my glasses on...LOL!

Happy modeling all!

I hope this image can explain the doubt for you Don...

It would be nice if someone at HobbyBoss saw this as an opportunity to offer a point of view that the manufacturer often does not realize. I would very much like manufacturers to expose their designs for this purpose as sometimes the flaws are widely pointed out and the manufacturer completely ignores it. That's what happened with the kittyHawk's 1/32 T-6.
I will like very much I could buy two HobbyBoss A-26 instead having to spend almost the value of another kit buying a pair of resin nacelles to fix an easy to correct mistake ...

73007680_2923446207670615_56089881447969

Edited by FCM

It would be nice if someone at HobbyBoss saw this as an opportunity to offer a point of view that the manufacturer often does not realize.

The tooing is done so it's unlikely any issue would be fixed. CAD models need to be peer reviewed if accuracy matters. Some producers do it, most probably don't.

I'll wait till we get better info, but I'm not seeing anything earth shatteringly wrong, certainly no deal breaker for me right now. If... and that's if... there's an issue I bet its an easy fix for the AM folks. Maybe just a new cowl? But again, I'll take a "wait and see" approach right now.

Cool stuff though!

Happy modeling!

The tooing is done so it's unlikely any issue would be fixed. CAD models need to be peer reviewed if accuracy matters. Some producers do it, most probably don't.

Not necessarily Laurent, I've seen molds be modified from pre-series kits to definitive ones. I have 1/48 Kinetic's Tracker parts that are different from the final model. Hence the possibility of a correction depends more on the interest of the manufacturer.

I hope this image can explain the doubt for you Don...

It would be nice if someone at HobbyBoss saw this as an opportunity to offer a point of view that the manufacturer often does not realize. I would very much like manufacturers to expose their designs for this purpose as sometimes the flaws are widely pointed out and the manufacturer completely ignores it. That's what happened with the kittyHawk's 1/32 T-6.
I will like very much I could buy two HobbyBoss A-26 instead having to spend almost the value of another kit buying a pair of resin nacelles to fix an easy to correct mistake ...

73007680_2923446207670615_56089881447969

Question:

How did you get your hands on the Hobby Boss kit so quickly?

Glt

Question:

How did you get your hands on the Hobby Boss kit so quickly?

Glt

I did not get the kit, I made this drawing based only on what you see in the pictures. This is just an assumption.

I did not get the kit, I made this drawing based only on what you see in the pictures. This is just an assumption.

Then your ideas are simply fantasy! Maybe your right and maybe your wrong? 

Gary

Then your ideas are simply fantasy! Maybe your right and maybe your wrong? 

Gary

Yes Gary, this is the same fantasy that everyone had when they first saw the kit. I did this drawing above just to illustrate what we were seeing for our colleague Don, who couldn't understand what we were seeing wrong.

Yes Gary, this is the same fantasy that everyone had when they first saw the kit. I did this drawing above just to illustrate what we were seeing for our colleague Don, who couldn't understand what we were seeing wrong.

You may be right, but you might just as wrong! I've seen exactly one A26, and it was at Dayton. Yet I rode thru two columns of B26k's once. I can't tell you if they got it right either. All I'm saying is wait till it comes out

Gary

Here s a front view of one getting some bombs in Korea:

3f4a39637e19b455_large

Jari

Looks like the HB kit to me. Those guys look cold hanging bombs!

Glt

As seen today at Osaka Hobby Fest (at the Doyusha stand).

Please feel free to discuss and compare:

HB%20A26%205.jpg

HB%20A26%201.jpg

HB%20A26%202.jpg

HB%20A26%203.jpg

HB%20A26%204.jpg

Cheers,

Jeffrey

Nice pictures Jeffrey, thanks very much for posting!!   I have to admit that I'm surprised at the crudeness of the mouldings on that cowling, especially after seeing that amazing surface detail that HK put into their 48th scale B-17. 

Looks good to me! I'm definitely getting one of these. If someone does an A/B-26K conversion...

Image result for a-26 in vietnam

Image result for B-26K in vietnam

...then I'll take two. Excited for this one!

Happy modeling!