Still wrong for me...

Nenhuma descrição de foto disponível.

I am already saving money to buy the kit and the correction set ... 😕

Edited by FCM

Still wrong for me...

Yes you are right about the cowlings.

When I first saw HB A26 kit pictures, it was obvious that something was wrong for my opinion.

Maybe, it will be possible to replace these parts by aftermarket items. But the fuselage sides behind the cockpit are too rounded. 

And also upper nose glass looks much too bulbous.

Sunu1.jpg

Sunu12.jpg

a-26-cav-107w-4.jpg

Edited by Tolga ÜLGÜR

Still wrong for me...

Very wrong.  Wish that was the easiest problem to correct.  

the leading edge air scoops are too fat...just sayin'.. I'll still buy one..

Clark Cone

Edited by clarkis
reconsidered what I wrote

Very wrong.  Wish that was the easiest problem to correct.  

I posted the following on LSP last week and thought I'd share it here. I'm including an edit now that new photos have surfaced and removing the warning I had included for those who get upset when new kits are critiqued:

I think the cowl shape may look more off than it is because the cowl flaps are open. I did a quick photo-shop with them closed:

Cowl_flaps_closed_zpsiatcheg5.jpg

Again, I do think the shape is off, just maybe not as bad as it appears.

EDIT: The new photos make it clear that the shape is way off...

I'm more concerned about the other shapes and details.

First, they're calling it an A-26C but the box art shows an A-26B which was featured on a Bombshell Decals sheet (page 2 of pics, last pic):

http://www.hyperscale.com/2012/reviews/decals/bombshell48bs013reviewbf_1.htm

The canopy on the kit appears to be the early flat top rather than the bulged clamshell version. I assume they will include both in the box as the box-art plane had the clamshell canopy. It also has the ventral turret, so I assume they will include that in the kit as well.

As for shapes:
The upper nose glass looks much too bulbous. It's pretty streamlined on the real thing.

090609-F-1234K-005.JPG

High-rez pic here: https://media.defense.gov/2010/Jun/18/2000556599/-1/-1/0/090609-F-1234K-005.JPG

The canopy side panes should extend further down as should the lower corners of the windscreen. If you draw a line along the lower side pane it should be just below the top of the wing intersection (or is the top of the wing too low?).

j050_DT_142_43-22379_416thBG-Archive-Cac
The continuous curve shape of the windscreen intersection leads me to believe that the forward fuselage is too rounded or the windscreen itself is mis-shapen.
The side panes should be flat and almost vertical. They appear to be curved and angling inward.
The upper fuselage sides (between the windscreen and rear glass) should be flat with a relatively small radius on the top corner.  This is pretty obvious when looking at the corner intersections of the glass areas. The kit appears to have curved sides with a pretty big radius along the top corner.

43318486651_82d5c32f17_b.jpg

Pic found here (lots of good pics!): https://hiveminer.com/Tags/douglas%2Cinvader/Recent

The turret also appears to be too small in diameter. This is likely what they had to do to accommodate the fuselage shape that they made. Had they made it a larger diameter it would have appeared to dive down too much on the sides because of the larger fuselage corner radii. The shape of the turret also looks off. It should have a flatter curve. What they have looks more like the turret was replaced with a fuel tank as shown on the Bombshell sheet listed above (3rd pic in review).

I'm going to stop here for now...

Disclosure: I know almost nothing about the A-26 but I do like the plane. I built the Airfix kit when I was a kid. I more recently began gathering reference material for a 1/48 project that never got off the ground and in gathering those references became somewhat familiar with the plane.

:cheers:

- ref. 83213 - Douglas A-26C Invader

- ref. 83214 - Douglas A-26B Invader

In the new catalogue they have not only inverted the designations (the C model should be the glass nose and the B model should be the gun nose) but also wrongly quoted the ref.83213 as a 1/48th scale kit, sigh... Link

T7.jpg

20191218-135733.jpg

20191217-164259.jpg

V.P.

Reading all the comments, and seeing the various photos of the model and real thing, i can only say one thing: It's Hobby Booboo, what did you all expect, a Tamiya quality kit?  :whistle:

I have all but given up on EVER buying another Hobby Bogus kit.

I guess “Hobby Boos” on the decal sheet is short for Hobby Boo Boo, which is appropriate, considering that each engine row is missing two cylinders.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:36 PM, Dave Williams said:

I guess “Hobby Boos” on the decal sheet is short for Hobby Boo Boo, which is appropriate, considering that each engine row is missing two cylinders.

In French "cow dung" translates to "bouse de vache". "bouse" is spelt like "boos"...:whistle: